xisto Community
fraudulentpeanut

Flying Alarm Clock yes its true

I heard about this on a tech site a couple of days ago and I havent been able to find out anything else about it. Supposedly, it goes off in the morning and if you hit the snooze button it will fly around the room chirping until you catch it and turn it off. If anyone has any other information on this or if there is anywhere to buy it please let me know because I am really interested in purchasing one of these as I am the type of person that will just keep ihitting the snooze button.

It sounds like a hoax. Making an alarm clock like that would be so expensive that it wouldn't be worth it IF the technology to do it even exists. Where did you get this information from?

What are your sources? What makes you believe this is true? Because I certainly don't believe this. Please give us more information, you're being pretty vague here.

It's not hard to find information about it; just type "flying alarm clock" into Google. I found it right away.

It's called "Blowfly" and it's real.

Posted Image

It certainly seems like a neat invention. I'll be sure to get one if they are avaliable by the time I'm in college. I'm guessing there will be a lot of broken ones, since some people have violent tentancies and wild fits of anger, especially when aroused from a deep sleep.

I really don't think this is true. Technology is so advanced yet that an alarm clock can fly around a room without crashing let alone flying and it would have to take off at the push of the snooze button. I really don't think they have invented anything like that yet and if they have people would have heard about it.

haha cool you found it. it must have taken a few days for google to propegate it because it wasnt on there a few days ago. This is going to be a must have for many people, except those with the Alarm Clock Violence tendancies. I am just going to make a round alarm clock and put superball goo around it. That way when I throw it there is a chance it could bounce back and knock mew in the head to wake me up.

lol WOW! Sorry for my previous post I was really wrong. I was sort of picturing it differntly like something that has like small airplane wings. I guess I should watch what I say. Sorry once again. lol That would be so cool to have. I think it only goes straight up in the air. If it moves it isn't by much. Imagine if it hits the roof, falls and hits your head. That would be a heck of a wakeup. Well anyway, I will definately buy that when it comes out. It looks pretty cool.

Phony.

Or are you the liar? Using this for post count. What is the site then?

Fake. ;)

214757[/snapback]

Perhaps you are the one who is just making a post for post count because if you were actually reading this thread you would have seen that there is a site given.

Anyways, I would worry if I had this clock. I certainly would not like to wake up with dents in my walls or ceiling or running into my face. But this is a very neat way to get people to wake up but I wouldn't like to run around trying to catch a toy with blades that could give you cuts and scratches.

I could imagine thisThe alarm turns on, like usual you put snooze. The thing starts flying around, you sit upstraight and yawn. The thing flies right into your face.Seriously, things like this happen all the time for me.

Oh my god LOL! ;) That is truely amazing though - i mean come on! To be honest, i think it might be true to some extent - as in, it might fly up into the air, but would either hit the roof, or into a glass mirror lol.Hey - it might even fly straight through your television HAHA ;) If this is true, I will be certain to get more than one - and sneak into my sisters bed room and plant about 10 of them set to 5AM lol - see what she thinks of that! :D:D:D

Oh, it may be a good things. I wonder how it fly, ha

I heard about this on a tech site a couple of days ago and I havent been able to find out anything else about it.  Supposedly, it goes off in the morning and if you hit the snooze button it will fly around the room chirping until you catch it and turn it off.  If anyone has any other information on this or if there is anywhere to buy it please let me know because I am really interested in purchasing one of these as I am the type of person that will just keep ihitting the snooze button.

214702[/snapback]

It's obvious how it flies. If you look at it, it has a rotor with a circular halo around it (probably for support). The rotor spins and lifts it into the air.In order for a rotor that small to be able to lift the ball, it would have to be VERY light. Furthermore, it couldn't move very fast. I wouldn't worry about it causing dents or damage (it's just plastic, after all). As for being cut by the rotors, as I said, they have a halo around them that would keep one from getting fingers stuck in it, but even if one did get a finger caught, the rotors are plastic and a small electric motor can only go so fast (it wouldn't be powerful enough to puncture the skin if someone got their finger stuck in it).As for movement, the article seems to imply that it does more than just hover over it's pedestal. Since it doesn't have any visible means of changing direction, I'd assume it has a gyroscope inside of it which shifts the weight around, allowing it to hover from here to there.

true or not I will not actually buy this one, I mean what is the point of catching something flying when you're still half asleep.My technique on my alarm clock would be to put it away of my bed so that when it alarms I will need to get up, walk and turn it off, works great everytime, but of course this is only for those who cannot sleep with the alarm on, some whom I actually know can disregard the alarm clock sound and continue with their snoring lol