xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Frames And Scrolling

I am wondering if it is possible to have a frameset with frames on the top, left and right of the main content. The frames would all be non scrollable except for the 'main content' (center frame). The problem i am having is that when the 'main content' needs to scroll, it places the scroll bar between the 'main content' frame and the 'right frame'. I need the scrollbar to be at the right of the 'right frame' so that the 'right frame' is not visually apart from the 'main content' frame. Is it possible to somehow position the scrollbar for the 'main content' frame to the right of the 'right frame'?Thanks in advance,

Yess it is and I actually tried it once. But I don't remember where I got it from. Try w3schools.com and tizag.com. They will show will show how to work frames. Also, I googled "HTML frames" and got a lot of websites on how to do frames as well. There is a way to change different attributes so as sone frames as scrollable and some that aren't. And then there is another attribute that makes a frame so much of the page like %. See? Hope I could be of some help.

I have never seen something like that, but if you say so it must be possible... But what are you using to code your html? A wysiwyg editor? Couse it would be a lot easier with something like dreamweaver, than to manually edit all the relevant html.Any way i would strongly suggest avoid using frames for your site, why dont you try server side includes? php is free and trap seven'teen suports it... I find frames are most of the times annoying, and not very useful with search engines, couse if a result sends you to a page conaining the term you searched, it wont be the frameset, but the page itself, so there wont be menu or top frame...I believe theres a javascript that finds out if a frameset is being used or not and redirects where necesary but i havent seen it... But i rather avoid them anyway...