xisto Community
iwuvcookies

Your Neighborhood Whats your neighborhood like??

I live in a sort of Vietnamese project. Were slowly integrating black and Mexican Americans into the community. The area were in is sort of bad. Sometimes if I walk on the street I'm afraid someone might kidnap me even though I am male and like rape me. lol. Or like rob me which is more resonable. Are you afraid of your own neighborhood? Do you feel safe walking at night?

You know it sounds silly. But i carry around a stick sometimes. lol. or my handy dandy cellphone in my pocket. if only i had a taser. lol. what fun would that be.

The place I live seems very safe and clean. There is a special route where everyone goes at night and walks after dinner. It's like a three mile circle around the whole place. The other night though, my sister and I were walking and it suddenly got dark. Half of the streetlights were out and it got pretty spooky.Where I grew up in California, I lived in a very racially mixed neighborhood- I guess nowadays it would be called "lower middle-class". White, black... people from Mexico, Vietnam, Russia, Germany, Japan... and now I actually feel safer and more comfortable in a place where there is a mix of people.

The place I live seems very safe and clean. There is a special route where everyone goes at night and walks after dinner. It's like a three mile circle around the whole place. The other night though, my sister and I were walking and it suddenly got dark. Half of the streetlights were out and it got pretty spooky.
Where I grew up in California, I lived in a very racially mixed neighborhood- I guess nowadays it would be called "lower middle-class". White, black... people from Mexico, Vietnam, Russia, Germany, Japan... and now I actually feel safer and more comfortable in a place where there is a mix of people.

I live in a small Russian town - Nizhnii Novgorod, it absolutely near Moscow (300 kilometers). Here there is nothing especial, except for car factory - GAS. It would be very interesting to me to learn that you think of Russia.

I live in a place with Chinese, South African, Brazilian, Palestinias, and some other nationalities, but I can leave the key in my car over night, my house door is never locked. It is quite, we all say hello to each other when we meet in the streets, the cars behave nicely and everybody stops for the children who hang out at the busstop, rolling around blow-up tyres from trucks - painting the streets. Yeah its fun. And no, i am not going to tell you where I live.In anyway we have the fastest police response time in the whole country, with regular police helicopter drills and call outs - as one of my neighbours is a known terrorist target. fun eh.

I have been living in the same neighborhood since birth, and I went to the same elementary and secondary schools where most of the kids went. We know each other, the kids from the other streets and blocks play with the kids on our street. Although some of them went to lived on other places after some years, we still keep in touch. They visit us often, and hang around with the childhood friends.Our neighbohood has the amenities and places just near, there are the schools, the playground, churches for different religions, the public parks etc.The security is good, there are people patroling every night. people are sweeping their front yards early in the morning and keep their places cleanThere are no gang wars, or the likes, in our places. we live in a harmonious place.

My community is mostly made up of Italians, Indians, and Chinese families.I live in pretty safe area, although there was a pretty odd and not in common murder that occured last month just a few blocks away from my home (Dad went berzerk). Other than that it's been fairly quite with nice neighbours about, although everyone pretty much minds their own business; we're all fenced :(. "Good fences make good neighbors" :(.

I live in a very safe neighborhood, though i would not say the town i live in is safe. No offense, but I would never, ever go walking around any neighborhood in my town other than like the upper middle class or neighborhoods like mine, rich. There are a ton of Mexicans in my town and I would be scared b/c they all get in a group just to kill one person, and i live in a very small town. A few Mexicans have actually tried to break in my house, but my alarm went off. But I would walk around my neighborhood at night, with friends of course!

There are some scary places in the City where I live but I stick to the safer places and don't really have to worry. But then my main life consists of the road between my house and school and then the bus I take to piano lessons. I also take the bus into town sometimes but only if I really need to go into town. The neighborhood i live in can seem kinda scary at first but I feel really comfortable in it and I think it is safe.

I live in South Delhi, one can call it posh, but the crime situation is still bad, now we have hired private security for our neighbourhood. We are also installing gates which will remain closed at night.Apart from this, we have a L'Oreal Beauty Salon right next to my house and a cyber cafe in front of it. My school was(just passed out this year) just 2 minutes from my home.

I live in a sort of Vietnamese project. Were slowly integrating black and Mexican Americans into the community. The area were in is sort of bad. Sometimes if I walk on the street I'm afraid someone might kidnap me even though I am male and like rape me. lol. Or like rob me which is more resonable.
Are you afraid of your own neighborhood? Do you feel safe walking at night?

I some what have something like yours but instead of Viets, I have lots of Thai people. We have lots of spanish americans, very nice people.. But at night time its ok because they are all friendly and we like all know each other..

-JdM
Edited by JdMxStyleZ (see edit history)

My neighborhood is generally safe. We have about 2/3 Chinese, some Russians, and a nice handfull of Jews. It's generally quiet around here, but on my street there are cars coming by every few minutes, with their blaring stereos playing at pretty high volumes (almost high enough to hear clearly from inside your house with the windows closed).BTW This is my 360th post!

After reading this i am very very thank ful to GOD that i live in a very peaceful place as compared to what i just read.
i live in pakistan...we do have problems but we dont worry that much...still the society i quite better although since few year it has gone very bad but still as compared to this i feel that we are still living in quite much peace.

I live in a sort of Vietnamese project. Were slowly integrating black and Mexican Americans into the community. The area were in is sort of bad. Sometimes if I walk on the street I'm afraid someone might kidnap me even though I am male and like rape me. lol. Or like rob me which is more resonable.
Are you afraid of your own neighborhood? Do you feel safe walking at night?