xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Compute

Ftp File Transfering curious

I don't think so. To do this, your server needs a ftp client. But if your server has the ftp client, you can ask the server to download the file directly...

i need to download a huge file then re upload it to my server

does anyone know if i can just transfer it straight over frew ftp without having to download it then reupload it...

214459[/snapback]

It used to be possible to do this with a lot of servers but I think it has mostly been stopped. I think the main reason being is that it uses a lot of bandwidth and seriously slows the internet connections for other users of the server. I had a couple of servers I used to do it with but it is no longer permitted. The program I used for it was called FlashFXP, I think "FXP" is the term used for transferring from one server to another. Flash FXP allows you to connect to 2 different servers at once and you can drag and drop files from one server window to another. Needless to say the transfer rate was very quick. Just to a Google search for "FlashFXP" to find where you can download it from.Hope that helps. ;)

I think if you open up two connections in SmartFTP and have the windows opened so you can see both just drag one file into the other. I haven't tried it before but I think it should work. If it does let me know.

if you want to put a smallfile but there is no ftp software in your pc . you can try net2ftp a web based FTP client just search in google and you will find it .