xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MaverickFang

A Girl, And Her Parents

Ok, i have always heard internet relationships never work out, but this one is working out really well. The only problem is, her parents dont know about me, and my parents dont know about her. My parents are the easy ones, they'll be mad for a little while, but they'll except it. But her parents from what i gathered, dont like the over all idea of her talking to me.I need a suggestion or two to help break the ice with her parents, to hopefully keep a good relationship with them.

You would have to meet her parents in person and talk with them so they can see what kind of person you are. Win there trust, be polite and courteous then after a while they will get to know you and like you. Just don't do anything crazy when you date her because then they wont trust you at all.

You would have to meet her parents in person and talk with them so they can see what kind of person you are. Win there trust, be polite and courteous then after a while they will get to know you and like you. Just don't do anything crazy when you date her because then they wont trust you at all.

Ya that would probably be the only way. Over in my area a month ago someone met a girl on a blog and wanted to meet her. So he came over an ended up killing the parents and kidnapped the daughter. That happened from when two people met online and they had never met before so people are being really careful. If you meet the parents in person and get to know them while they get to know you that would probably be the only way. Not just one visit either, it would probably take a week or so maybe longer to get used to you and allow her to have a relationship online.

well i think i really depends on how far away you guys live. if you live in around the same area you could maybe invite her with her parents over for lunch or for dinner so everybodycan get to know each other. Or if you dont want to do that just say you wanna meet them sometime or something so they can get to know you. My question is have you yourself met this girl in person already?

well if their parent wont like you because they dont let the girl date tough luck but if they wont like you becuse the girl didnt elll them about her then you can at first pretend that you guys are friends and when you go to her house make her parents like you by being polite and you know what parents like dont be like cussing and dont look like a bad guy and dont make them suspecios. And them slowly show the parents that you guys like each other then i dont think there will be a problem if the parents know you well.

Ok so this is sorta similar with this topic. What about her brother? Having pissed off in-laws isn't as near as bad as having a pissed off brother-in-law who is in the same generation as i am, that can give me the proverbal hell for the rest of my life.

You would have to meet her parents in person and talk with them so they can see what kind of person you are.  Win there trust, be polite and courteous then after a while they will get to know you and like you.  Just don't do anything crazy when you date her because then they wont trust you at all.

214295[/snapback]

yup take the initiative, get in touch with her parents. My parents tell always tell me how glad they are with their son-in-law, because he always show some respect and gives them attention and makes sure he let them now Im in good hands :D

good luck

Ah.. although I've seen a handful of good relationships come out of online dating.. that's just because I've seen a million of bad ones.You've said you're in different countries, now.. and.. eh, who am I to talk like that? ^^;Like most of these people have said.. just show some respect. It'd probably be best to just meet people as a 'friend', first.. let them get to know you, so they'll know you're a good person. It's somehow more threatening to meet your daughter's/sister's new boyfriend than it is to just meet one of her friends.Once they know you and like you as a person, they'll probably be more open to knowing you as her boyfriend ^^

What should i do, if attempt after attempt after attempt (endless amount scenario) they still dont like me? Im sorry I just have a fear of bad inlaws :D....

216242[/snapback]

I guess you won't have to put up with in-laws then. If they ain't going to like you, really its there bad luck, cause if there daughter likes you enough. She won't be so worried about what they think and continue to like you.

If her parents are loving of there daughter, they should respect her wishes, as long as she ain't 12 or something... If she says she has found someone who she likes and can live the rest of her life with, they should be able to deal with it, they were young once too...

Then i guess all you can do is meet them, and see what they are like at first then work from there. No point worrying about something thats might not even happen. If they don't like you, just be polite and find out why, maybe its just something silly, like you wear a hat inside there house and they don't like that, or something, who knows!But they'll live... :D

But they'll live... :D

216276[/snapback]

But will I survive is the question. Everyonce in a while I'll asker her about her parents just to see if i can learn anything and keep from making mistakes, but she doesnt like talking about them. Which i could understand as being disrespectful

if it's going to stay an internet relationship, then depending on yours and her age, it might not be ok with them. if you actually meet up with her and she introduces you to them, then there's no need to tell them how you met. if they get to know you, then it really shouldnt matter how you met