xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alapidus

What's The Best Place To Learn Php? help a newb get started

I've never touched PHP or MySQL before :rolleyes:. My experience is regular HTML and CSS. Could someone please link me to a site with a good, easy, free online tutorial for a newb like me? Thanx much in advance! :angry:

i would reccommend w3schools for basic stuff. but it is very basic, and doesnt teach you very much. go to a bookstore and purchase a book for learning php, and many of those books also have lessons that teach you mysql... they are just a bit more thorough, and you learn much more from them than any online tutorials.

I think it is very hard to learn from net.Buy the book , and you will learn the PHP EASY!I know that because I now learn from the book.Very easy + you may get the CD with app.

I tryed to download a huge tutorial off the web then print it, but my printer cut off loads off the end, so i'm just gonna get my self a book. Although, if i ahd broadband, i would just read the tutorual online...

I Think you can find any PHP Code In www,hotscripts.comI think if you try to Read And Learn code You can make And write Your Cms in PHP Lan no book No CDjust Soruce code And Try

There are loads of ways to learn php, i started by just downloading loads of free scripts and installing/updating them. Now i use php.net everyday to learn new commands and functions. Phpbuilder is also good but too many adverts for my liking. Once you understand how the code needs to be laid out it becomes alot more easy. I mostly use php/wml pages as i create mobile/wap sites not web ;-)

Edited by wappy (see edit history)

Well, if you are really new, I'd say first get familiar with what PHP looks like. You can go through a series of lessons from w3schools.com as mentioned.. But from then on, you should really start working on something you want to do and just learn along the way. You'll use http://php.net/ for function searching/reference and dev.mysql.com for sql reference..

You learn the best when you've got to do something. It's more fun this way too.