xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CrazyRob

Un Breakable/punchable Tyre did u know...............

did u know that some person invented an indrestructable tyre that could withstand anything it was even fire proff but the reson thast they never came onto the market was because they got bought out by the other tyre manafactures as they did not want to loose money

actually, galvanized tires are sturdy enough for daily use, and since the manufacturers have developed galvanizing to such efficiency, it will probably be hard for other materials to enter the competition...furthermore, now that we can (and should) recycle plastic tyres, there really is no need to change, is there?

Does one really have a choice? Around this area in the United States, anyway, it is illegal to dispose of tires without hiring a professional to do so for you (one cannot bury, burn, or otherwise try to dispose of a tire on one's own), which means a big expense. Unless one wants to pay to get rid of a useless eyesore, one would recycle simply to one's own financial benefit.

as I understand airplane tires comes close to being indestructible but not indestructible.I agree with other poster here that one reason why it is not available is due to the manufacturing cost and if the market will accept it.About the issue on the disposing of tires, in our country there's somebodu that will actually buy your old tires right in front of your home, they recycle this and some of my friends says that these recycled tires are actually good quality, have not tried any though

as I understand airplane tires comes close to being indestructible but not indestructible.

I agree with other poster here that one reason why it is not available is due to the manufacturing cost and if the market will accept it.

About the issue on the disposing of tires, in our country there's somebodu that will actually buy your old tires right in front of your home, they recycle this and some of my friends says that these recycled tires are actually good quality, have not tried any though

215079[/snapback]

What is so funny is when the airplanes in films hit the ground there is so much friction between the floor and the wheel, but then when a guy gets his knife out and stabs it it splits in half..Shouldnt the knife just bounce off if the wheel is so strong to substain the force of the ground

Who tried to cut an airplane tire?Being able to resist being cut is a lot different than being able to resist heat or being smashed. Many things are one but not the other, so don't necessarily expect one material to resist everything.

Who tried to cut an airplane tire?

Being able to resist being cut is a lot different than being able to resist heat or being smashed. Many things are one but not the other, so don't necessarily expect one material to resist everything.

215225[/snapback]

Yeah but you'd expect a tyre that can withstand massive amounts of friction and bashing to be able to take a small knife blade. Think of how much rubber there is on the tyres. You'd need a massive force to puncture it.

A sharp knife can cut most anything. The ability to "withstand" friction and "bashing" just shows that the tire has a high melting point and elasticity. As I said, cutting is completely different than "bashing" or heating.