xisto Community
CroSpartacus

Question About Bandwidth

I am not so sure about this because I haven't gone over my bandwidth before but I believe that your account will be suspended if you go over the amount of bandwidth given and it will be unsuspended at the begining of a new month.

bandwidth resets every start of a new month as plenoptic said. ;) if your site consumes bandwidth allotment before the end of the month, it gets a "bandwidth exceeded" error which renders your site inaccessible until the time the start of the next month.

These guys beat me to it. But what they said is basically it. But with the bandwidth Xisto gives you, unless you have a lot of music, videos, or games, you should almost never go over that amount. If you are just using it for purposes such as a blog or research papers and articles, you will stay well within your allotment unless you are getting masses of visitors each month. So don't worry ;)

Nice topic, beacuse I needed to know that too. Hmm It would be bad if you got suspended page instead of bandwith excided page. Then the users would think that the page no longer exists. ;)

213895[/snapback]

Actually, you get the suspended page. I don't think there's a such thing as the bandwidth exceeded page.

How would I know? I got that. My site was suspended because it used too much bandwidth (66 GB/5 GB if I'm correct). After a month or so, your site will be accessible again.

mmm... but I think in other hostings there is a "bandwidth exceeded" page or at least it appears nothing (a blank page).Anyway snlil, you must have a lot of visitors because it seems very difficult to me to have my bandwidth site exceeded. Xisto offers you more than usually free hostings do.

I'm not sure exactly how bandwidth is used up. Can anybody tell us their website name and tell us about how much bandwidth was used up or the maximum ever used. Oh yea and the number of visitors if you can. Since I'm just a beginner, I think this would help me out ;) . Thank you!

I am not so sure about this because I haven't gone over my bandwidth before but I believe that your account will be suspended if you go over the amount of bandwidth given and it will be unsuspended at the begining of a new month.

nope,you overrow your bandwidth,then your site might gave a tip that note your site haz over the bw,instead of your site contents.then when the new month begin your site will back.