xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
clouds421

Any Tutorials On How To Do This?

that menu uses flash and actionscripts, clouds. may take a while to learn.and javascript would not create that criss-crossing effect :rolleyes: just an image toggle.(btw, i fancy that show, it has been dubbed in Filipino when it was shown here :angry:)

yeah, anything with flash is way over my head, but was hoping there was some kind of shortcut to learn about the process... :rolleyes: lib, that website is for part 2 which is releasing now! heard it's even better than first one so keep an eye out :angry:

yeah, anything with flash is way over my head, but was hoping there was some kind of shortcut to learn about the process... :rolleyes:
lib, that website is for part 2 which is releasing now! heard it's even better than first one so keep an eye out :angry:

most effects shortcuts in flash nowadays just involve simple text manipulation, and basic image effects. something this fancy needs elaborate flash actionscripting :D

(anyway, part2? but the main character of the first one -- died, right? but i'll keep
an eye if ever its shown here. maybe some months delay :ph34r:)

Hey,The best way to learn flash is to check out flashkit.com, it has everything from tutorials and flash movies and sounds. You can even download fla files and see how things are done. I get a real feeling that most people don't write their scripts from scratch anymore. They just alter other peoples.

Yes, that is flash and masking. Some tutorials that woul help on making this is a google search on sliding menu. Just make the behavior of it "on mouseover".I'll contradict Round a bit on that suggestion. Flashkit.com indeed has alot of tutorials, but unlike on Kirupa.com, tutorials are araanged on levels: noob, intermediate and advanced. If you can try and learn everything on their tutorial section, you can really do alot!Any free software that can edit flash? None. There are trials but sometimes when they are published, they mess up everything you made. Buying Flash is a pretty darn good investment.I suggest you get the real thing.

What is a free program in which i can edit flash in?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there is no free programs for editing flash. For best results you'll probably need to buy Macromedia Flash MX :rolleyes:

You can do it with CSS. You don't even need javascript.

Your best shot is probably the demo from CSS/edge: Pure CSS popups (note that what he is calling popups is really just changing content on the page, not popping up new windows. What he basically does is putting images (or text in this demo) inside the anchor tags.

You could also try using the techniques mentioned in this mad cow webdesign page. The second one only changes text, but it's always nice to have more than one example to look at, right?

None of them change background images though, so if you want that I'm not sure how to do that. If you want to do that you could do something with javascript. So you set a onMouseOver action no the tabs and write a function that changes the image you have set as background. But as long as you only want to change a image you don't need javascript. :rolleyes:

Good luck!

What is a free program in which i can edit flash in?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean edit swf? If so, there are a few available.

sothink swf decompiler is one of them. It supports flash 7 and is able to resave the swf to fla format. I suspect it will not be totally reversible... but then you are abe to edit in flash again, why not!

While editing and resaving swf to fla may be good if you have lost the source file. The better way out is still to learn the software.

I got it now (30 day trial) but i dont have a clue how to work it :) Better check out flashkit......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I get newsletter from flashkit every day, and it's a bit annoying to me, so I unsubscribed... They have too many commercials... and little useful information... but anyway, is anyone here knows for some program like FlashAmp or SwiftMp3 but a free version?? these progs are all commercial version and way too high priced for me... :rolleyes: