xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
viplanet

Those Absolute Essentials Hardware is of use without these

Imagine buying a spanking new computer with all those frills-a high end processor and the latest graphics card ,gigabytes of RAM,a hard drive with tons of space,7.1 surround speakers,dual layer DVD burner,LCD monitor,wireless keyboard and mouse,but finally you will need an OS the obvious choice is WIN XP . OS is not the only software by which you can enjoy the benifits of all these softwares.yes i agree that the OS has some basic softwares like Text editore,browser,media players but are these enough to control the monsters mentioned above Even the most high end hardware is useless without the right software .For your easy reference i'll give a list of essential softwares without which one cannot enjoy the benefits of powerfull hardware.Understand that the HARDWARE is like a heart while the SOFTWARE is the brain.PhotoEditing Look for Xnview,IrfanView.They support nearly 400 formats and XnView is freeware i do not know about irfanBrowser You know that the browser war going on b/w micro ang netscape I would recomend Firefox for its tabbed browsing,security over IEBurning Software Go for Nero burning simply because it is the besttry out NTI Burning rom it is also goodVideo PLayers and editingGo for Pinnacle Studio for DVD go for powerDvDIndexing ServiceGoogle,Copernicor Yahoo desktop searchAntivirusUse Norton simply because it iswhat to antivirus as Google is what to ads and SEAlso look out for many free softwares like shredder,antispyware,etcThank you for your patience & Sorry for any Spelling mistakes