xisto Community
seanooi

Why And When Did You Make Your First Site?

My first website? I'd have to say. . .oh! Hey! I remember when that was! Haha. Okay, my mother's little sister actually helped me set up my first email account one visit to her place a few states over. The next visit, she actually helped me start up my first site on geocities. It was mostly just something that I thought was pretty cool, and I like doing because I liked what I saw her doing with her personal website. It also was something I wanted because I wanted to make a dedication area to my mother, who died of Ovarian Cancer when I was seven, but I've since then decided that I don't really care all that much for geocities. :)

I was about 8, I started off with some stupid 1 page homapage maker.... starting with w, and I made like 4 pages and linkted together... they all just had random stuff on em... worst evaMy sister and i both did it, my sister was like... 12 at the time

Edited by lemonwonder (see edit history)

I created my first website at http://www.webs.com/ well i didnt literally create it but, i used one of their free weblayouts. After that i was determined to learn real HTML. so i switched my account settings to Advance HTML, and forced myself to learn the language, which i did. Then after that i forced my self to learn PHP. and now im here making one of my first PHP sites.

I created my first website on fortunecity, It was a website about my band, it had news, photographs, and events. It was a good page for being my first. When I look back at it I realize that I have come a long way in web designing.Whats funny though, is that I really didnt know how to make web pages back then. By this, I mean, that I didnt know that web pages were being made with chopped up tables. I used my intuiton and used divs. I remember I ended up with something horrible as I didnt know anything about using them as cointeners and such.Until after some time, I decided to learn HTML, and then I started liking web design. I remember being frustrated with things like, giving lots of space in the html, and only getting one jump, etc.

I made my first website on AOL webpages. I was 11 or so :) .It was about Lord of The Rings, I was proud of it and I like to think it became "famous" (or almost). I didn't know anything about tables or PHP, only HTML basics.I deleted it but I still think about it with emotions, because now I'm able to make websites with tables, php, mysql, ajax and all their friends but I don't know what to make my sites about. :P

I made my first site roughy 7 years ago when i was a freshman in high school taking an html programming course. I hosted it on geocities and basically used it to learn html and javascript way quicker than the class was being taught since it was moving at a snails pace.

i made my first website a few years ago when i was a member on this website called planetteen, they let you have a website on a subdomain and i couldnt get mine to look the way i wanted with the built in editor so i learned HTML ^.^

My first website was on geocities.I was curious on how people made everything look so great on the web so I wanted to try to make something neat and creative.Needless to say I was so lost because I had never dealt with html before but after making the site I got used to the coding that now that I have a .com domain it is so much easier and thanks to geocities and reading tuts everything is so much easier.But now I am trying to learn more advanced coding like php.But day by day I get better.

My first site was on GeoCities. It may even still be up and running :). It isn't worth looking at in any case. My second (and current) website is on a game called Morrowind. 10Mb of space (I don't need much), Unlimited Bandwidth. No Ads. I am not going to argue with that :P. The only downside is that the site has to be about Morrowind.

My first website was on my ISPs webserver (the went bankrupt ages ago!) in 1996. You can imagine the design and content wasn't too good :-)I made it because I was curious about how to make it (I love to learn new things).

My first website was on freewebs when I was nine. I had been wanting a website for along time, even when I was little but when I told my other nine year old friends they thought I was stupid >_<Back then I'd never even heard of "free hosting" until I one day clicked a broken link on a site I visited from time to time and it aid ,"this site is hosted for free by freewebs...blah blah blah."Then me and my fourteen year old sister made one together, me the html person (I only knew a little html back then,) and her the graphic artist. In think back to those days and it was really fun, even if our site was horribly juvenile and pointless.Later I tried geocities, and that worked well, at first, though the ads starting getting out of control and our computer became so messed up it was unbearable to use for anything webdesign related. The site closed, but it had been fun ^^We hope to open another, more proffesional site sometime in the future now that we're both a great deal more proffesional and experienced.

Hahaha, lol...My first site was a noob one about my favorite sport : Taekwondo. I was about 13 or 14 when I made it. I hosted it on a crappy host with almost no B/W and space and no PHP/MySQL.It had like 10 pages and had an ugly design that would make you all throw up :PBut anyways, I improved and learned a lot through years, so I guess now I'm better :)

The first one I made was with a host called maxpages. I must of been about 8 or 9. I made it about chickens, yes I know (what the hell!)But when you get older and more mature, you see more sides of things and then I thought it was brilliant but now it's like..- Every site you make is flooded with ads- No HTML- No uploading- You have to choose what layout you use from a list that the host has made(Too many things to cover! Not bothered to type it all out, but you get my point).I then went to freewebs and made sites dedicated to games etc. Then went to millions of hosts, make clans for games. Later on I made forums dedicated to Graphics and Game Design/Gaming.Now I really don't know what to do, but I am attempting to make a biking site.Matt