xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cain

Error Installing Civilization Iv Can anyone tell me what this means?

Hey, guys. I recently received Civilization IV as a gift. Yesterday, I tried to install the game and ran into a problem. The game comes as a two disc set and both discs are necessary for the installation process. Well, I put in the first CD and followed the steps properly. Halfway through the installation it told me to replace CD 1 with the second CD. I did this and it continued to install. Right before the installation completed, I received an error from the game. I received the following:

Posted Image

(click thumbnail)

Can anyone tell me what this means? Has anyone else perhaps experienced something similar? Thanks for your help.

I wouldnt know how to help you, but I would recommend you post this in the civilization fanatics forum:

civ fanatics forum

By the way, your theme or skin looks really cool, what is it?

Thanks for the link to their forum. Hopefully I'll get a response soon.

As for my skin and theme, I use WindowBlinds and the skin name is "Cardinal Skin" created by: Lasse Salling (Pixel Pirate). If you meant the desktop background, I got that wallpaper from http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/. They have a lot of neat wallpapers there.

Ok I got the same exact thing on my laptop and I don't know what to do. Does anyone know how to fix it cause it is making me really mad. And also when I play it on my home computer I can do a new game but when I want to load my saved game it says: Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings. File: /source/main/civilization4/SDKs/gamebryo2_0/CoreLibs/NiDX9Renderer/NiDX9RendereredTextureData.Cpp,Line:170Does anybody know how to fix this? please help!-reply by dabears

Civilization PC games stopped working and need online helpError Installing Civilization IvI tried to plat C4 on my computer but it tells me that it has stopped working and tells me to check online for a solution and then it closes the program, I'm not sure if it's the computer itself or the computer,I'm sure it's the computer but it needs internet for it, but I'm not sure, I can't even play anything-reply by Sebasstian