xisto Community
moldboy

Restoring User Settings

Okat so I did something and now when I log in as this one user it doesn't show the origional Document, setting and other garbage stored in the C drive. You know how normaly you have folder with the user name stuck in Documents And Settings, well now I have that Username but also another on with the name of the computer appended on the back, it appears that all the new account settings and files are being stored here, however I don't want them to be as All the existing settings are still in the original folder, how can I tell Windows to look here rather then in the new folder?Hope that's clear ;)

ok first off... i dont really get the problem.. in Docs and Settings it lists all users currently on that computer, plus the ALL USERS and Default Users and the Administration User. the way i think ur saying is that ur account name either isnt there or isnt the correct settings, but is somewhere else. in a different folder?... it could just be that the folder name is messed up.. in that case you should check the registry to see what name value is assigned to the user.

I actualy deleted the account and recreated it after backing up the data. Anyway just for anarchyboard88's sake. In Docs and Settings when you make an account there is a folder for the name. Normal. But what had happened was I had a folder called like it was suposeto be called, and then there was another called username.localhost, now whn I loged into username the filed in the folder username and the settings stored there didn't apply rather it was the setting and filed stored in username.localhost. I just wanted to know how to tell windows to look at username for the settings rather then username.localhost.