xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Temujin

Football Manager 2006 Did U play ?

I'm playing FM2k6 now ^__^ I have just finished one year with one of my favourites team : Man UtdAnybody here likes 2 play FM2k6 ? Which team do U like best ? In Manager games's serie wat do u like ? FM or Championship Manager or.. ???Let's talk about FM2k6 ;)

I played it long time ago and I used barcelona on it... We won ;)!! But I played it on VBA... so don't really know if its the game ur talikng about :|

I played it long time ago and I used barcelona on it... We won :D!! But I played it on VBA... so don't really know if its the game ur talikng about :|

212901[/snapback]

hi i m itsalldestined fro singapore..19yrs old..i m new to tis website n e free hosting thing..is tis counted as a post n will i be able to earn credits through tis??need to learn more fro u guys..about the fm06 thing..i haven started playin..but i hav play cm series since 13yrs old..so i m quite old to tis kind of games..any new features in fm06??which players do u all tink i should buy??i would like to control man utd or liverpool in fm06..any tips to control them well??hope to hear reply for u all soon..thanks.. :D

It's a fantastic game but needs more improvements more new things you know. The people of CM is working really hard and maybe will surprise everybody. We will see. For know I play FM 2006 and I reaaly like it. I recommend to all fans of football tatics. If you thing you are a "Mourinho" prove it in tis game.But of course I'm waiting for CM t see their improvements. YOU NEED SOMETHING NEW.

Edited by Ascaron (see edit history)

It is hard to explain what is wrong with Football Manager as a series so far. The flaws are seemingly small but they completely ruin the experience for me. When I started my first game it was superb, great fun, addictive. However it quickly went down hill, why? Well for a game that trys so hard to be realistic it fails in critical areas and these are the areas that are most important in creating an entertaining and absorbing game. First off there is STILL a lack of outside influence, by that I mean boardroom, media and fan interaction within the game. Buy a player who cost 80k who becomes a superstar, you get no credit, sell him for 20million, no media coment. Buy a player who cost 6 million who is a complete flop...no reaction. There still seems to be little link between your actions and their results. It is very frustrating when you take care to sign the right players and have everything at the club just right then discover it has little impact on the 'game world' because these details are not recognised by the game, in real life they definately are! Also the tactical system seems very hit and miss (like the last version), a tiny variation, just a slight change on a sliding bar can mean the difference between a humiliating defeat or amazing victory. The 'team talk' system seems to have agrravated this problem as so often what you do at half time has an immediate effect, say the wrong thing (which seems impossible to predict) and a 3-0 half time lead can be erased in the first 20 minutes of the second half, or vice versa. Also the data for leagues outside of England is still not complete and the research for Portugal, Spain and Germany is, yet again, horrendous. Youth teams (B teams) in these nations never seem to have the correct player data, even some international players don't have the correct statistical data entered in the database. Using the data editor it is clear to see that a lot of the data for these leagues (Portugal especially) has been left largely to chance (the game randomly generates the player stats), so even the best prospects can often appear in the game as useless no hopers, and a large amount of players have seemingly impossible stats such as 20 pace and 5 acceleration, or central defenders with 1 for strength, it seems to be a coding problem, things that have no relation to a player's 'potential ability' (a theoretical value to cap a virtual player's future development) such as their mental stats (which are totaly unrelated to technical or athletic ability) are effected by these made up values. What makes these glitches worse is that CPU teams still read a player's current and potential ability points, values that are completely made up and invisable to the gamer, instead of the player's actual ability in the form of stats. So they buy players with awful stats just based on the fact they have a high (mythical) stat for 'potential ability' while players who are actually visably good are ignored. These are problems that have been present since SI were making CM in the 90's and they have never been looked at, in essence this is still the same game as CM4 although the software and interface has been vastly improved, the actual guts of the game - the database, the match engine and the game world are virtually the same. Together with the still awful and notorious 'regen' system (the system that creates new youth players to add to the games lifespan) these flaws limit the games overall playabilty once you get into your 3rd season or later. In fact the old regen system from the CM 00/01 and 01/02 games, although not very realistic, provided better results and made for more exciting long term games. Overall it seems SI have taken the last 3 or 4 years just to get back to the same level of playability they managed to achieve way back in the CM series' heyday. Don't get me wrong, FM2006 is still an excellent title that has nothing to really compete against in it's genre, however it is not the huge step from FM2005 that was generally expected. It has become very frustrating to see so little improvement over the years in SI's products, with loyal fans basically paying full price for a yearly update. Hopefully now that SI have been absorbed into SEGA they will get the extra funding to solve the long standing problems with the series.

"What is the best? Cm06/07 or Fm06/07 ?I will buy one in the next week"Naturally, FM is much better. Its content and features and everything is top notch...If you bought cm then you did one bad purchase...Plus, the new version are here :CM 06/07FM 2007Fifa Manager 2007Btw, fifa manager is not bad but still not as good as FM in any way.

how to play itFootball Manager 2006

Hi all,

I'm new with fm 2006 just download it. I'm having a problem. I cant figure out how to start the match or how to go to one. My status says playing but I don't see a button to start the season.

I see all information you can imagine but not how to continue to start the match.

can you guys help me with this? thanks.

-reply by paulo