xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Peaktao

Gamecube-dance Game which one to get?

Hey,I'm getting a dance game+dance mat for nintendo gamecube.I know there's a normal dance game (which, I suppose, is like PS2 dance game)..and....there's also a 'Mario' version of DAnce game. That's a bit more expensive, I Think. The thing is I'm not sure whether the Mario one also has normal popular songs or is it just 'dance along your favourite nintendo game songs?'. If it is the latter, it would be sooo boring and I won't get that version.If you have played it, or know about it, please let me know.Thanks in advance

Well judging from all other mario games, I am guessing that it doesn't have any popular songs only dance music songs which the company made up. I would just get the normal dance mat like the ps2 one.

Actually it does have other songs than the nintendo songs. Although they may not be "popular" in the sense that you might not recognize them because they are konami songs.

The bad news is that DDR Mario Mix features both a disappointing lack of extensive pop soundtracks to dance to and a surprisingly slim (compared to what was possible) selection of Nintendo-themed remixes. Don't get us wrong. There are definitely some hit Nintendo songs to dance to, including remixes of tracks from such games as Super Mario Bros. 3 and Dr. Mario. But even so the selection feels paltry. So many great Mushroom Kingdom-themed music tracks are conspicuously absent from Mario Mix's lineup and it us this feels like a giant missed opportunity.

-ign.com

So, the decision is up to you... honestly if I had a gamecube I would get it, but at the same time I would probably get anything that is DDR haha.