xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mukund

Help Me - What Is Phishing? How Can I Avoid It?

Someone Reported that My website is Phishing in his website.Or Soemthing Like that...How Can i do that when I don't even know what it is?Probably there's some poblem?Can U help as to what it is and how to avoid it?Any Code in PHP which can help me from this?Thanks and RegardsMukund

A good definition of "phishing" is found HERE.

and some advise about how to NOT get caught in the phishing game is found HERE.

Basic Internet security includes being careful about sending out your email address. Never open an email you do not know the sender of. Never click on links inside an mail to reply to it. Do not reply with the "private" information through a link.
I have one email address that I use to register at Forums and another for "personal" use. Guess which one gets spammed?

Oh, and Google is your friend.

to add just a little bit if the security for registering is not secured enough and it looks to good to be true then close out and go somewhere else.basically phising is way for bots (programs that collect information) to find email address and basically any other information that you put out on public places so they can send you spam, viruses and other stuff as well.I know IE7 is working on a phising program with its browser, don't know about firefox though.