xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
truefusion

Sotw #17 Winner: Avalon Congrats

Congrats Avalon! Award will be given at a later time.

Winning Sig:

Posted Image

Thanks folks. With only 4 entries and only 4 votes in total it's a little disappointing though. What can we do to generate more interest in the SOTW competitions?

well its not that just haven't generated enough interest with it yet, but of course alot of people are busy with school as well so thats why the pickens where slim as well.but congrads avalon, and I thought my animated sig would have drawn interest. maybe next time.

well I agree with Avalon that SOTW is fading day by day.Not too many members take part in it...mostly we see few people only taking part in it...may be we should place the SOTW contest winner's sig on the main page of the forum and we should keep that on top so that more and more members show their interest...May be others can suggest few good ideas.Anyways..congrats Avalon..you made a fantastic sig and even better that you did a clean sweep.

Edited by mayank (see edit history)

may be we should place the SOTW contest winner's sig on the main page of the forum and we should keep that on top so that more and more members show their interest...

That's a good idea. I was planning on giving credits away to the winner, maybe starting next year. That might help increase the popularity. I was thinking about around 5 credits for the winner (I might think about more, it all depends if i can afford it). But, good thing the price for credits are at a reasonable price. Giving credits away might even make sig designers try harder when designing their sigs. I have some doubts about giving away credits, but i'm sure they're just minor things. Anyways, i was thinking about making a better looking, kinda more professional, SOTW winner tab, for next year.

Actually, I was thinking along the lines of giving credits to the winner too. I was also thinking that 5 credits was a good amount... spooky. Even I could afford to donate 5 credits to the winner, it's only one decent post after all. (Despite what some people say about how hard it is to earn credits.) I think more people would contribute and encourage their friends to vote. I don't think it will need to be on the main page, once people learn that they could win credits they'll be coming in droves.