xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Web War a tale of two websites

which site are you siding with? :D  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well, it's a "unique" ongoing web war... so i'm posting it here to solicit your thoughts. ;)

once upon a time, there were two websites: itchysquirrel and lastofthedotcoms. the latter admired the former and considered it a "funny" site, so it asked the former for a link exchange. yup, "add our site link on your site, we add yours" kind of deal. ;) it went well for a while, until it was later discovered by the latter that the former "reneged" on the deal, and removed without prior notice the link of the latter on their site. as it turned out, the former apparently find the latter's site (which makes wacky cartoons, by the way), to be not worth the link from the former's site because, it was somehow not attracting enough visitors who can in turn click back on their site. add to that that the former found the latter's site as rubbish. the latter found this explanation and action less than pleasant... and BATTLE PLANS were drawn. :D

here's the fun part: both sites catalogued their barrage of exchanges. and here is the result of the ongoing web war the two sites are involved in. :D
- from itchysquirrel's point of view: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
- from lastofthedotcom's point of view: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

see how they managed to pull off what they are fighting about in the first place: they had linked eventually to each other's web sites to support their individual causes. :D ironic, isn't it? but what's more interesting is the way they "battle it out" with each other, with a BATTLE of GIFs. :D visit the sites above, if you haven't clicked yet. :D it's also interactive, at least on itchysquirrel's side, since that site solicits contributions from readers on his attempt to up the ante against lastofthedotcoms. :D

now, your thoughts. who are you siding with? :D there are a bundle of issues involved here. link exchange, creativity, interactivity, copyright, etc. take your pick, or make one up! :D this should bring them more traffic and hopefully not bog down their servers. but it may well be good, and i'm making this in an attempt that they stop this "web war" eventually (like wishing for world peace). heheheü :D

well, it's a "unique" ongoing web war... so i'm posting it here to solicit your thoughts. ;)

once upon a time, there were two websites: itchysquirrel and lastofthedotcoms. the latter admired the former and considered it a "funny" site, so it asked the former for a link exchange. yup, "add our site link on your site, we add yours" kind of deal. ;) it went well for a while, until it was later discovered by the latter that the former "reneged" on the deal, and removed without prior notice the link of the latter on their site. as it turned out, the former apparently find the latter's site (which makes wacky cartoons, by the way), to be not worth the link from the former's site because, it was somehow not attracting enough visitors who can in turn click back on their site. add to that that the former found the latter's site as rubbish. the latter found this explanation and action less than pleasant... and BATTLE PLANS were drawn. :D

here's the fun part: both sites catalogued their barrage of exchanges. and here is the result of the ongoing web war the two sites are involved in. :D

- from lastofthedotcom's point of view: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

see how they managed to pull off what they are fighting about in the first place: they had linked eventually to each other's web sites to support their individual causes. :D ironic, isn't it? but what's more interesting is the way they "battle it out" with each other, with a BATTLE of GIFs. :D visit the sites above, if you haven't clicked yet. :D it's also interactive, at least on itchysquirrel's side, since that site solicits contributions from readers on his attempt to up the ante against lastofthedotcoms. :D

now, your thoughts. who are you siding with? :D there are a bundle of issues involved here. link exchange, creativity, interactivity, copyright, etc. take your pick, or make one up! :D this should bring them more traffic and hopefully not bog down their servers. but it may well be good, and i'm making this in an attempt that they stop this "web war" eventually (like wishing for world peace). heheheü :D

212294[/snapback]

nice little story, i liked it

HiI personaly don't side with anyone in this,so called,war.It appears to me that these two sites are working together,claiming they are at war,and using that to boost trafic at their sites.However,I would probably side with the squirrel,because this guy has presented some of the mails,received.Guys at that dotcom didn't present the first hate email that allegedly came from the squirrel guy.It is easy for me to believe that those dotcom guys are just kids with too much spare time on their hands,and that they weren't happy he wouldn't put a link on his site.Anyways,I think this is just a way of boosting trafic,nothing else.Though that squirrel guy has this other site,with a neat way to make some nice pictures.I will try them as soon as I can.Hell,I'll probably side with the wine-drinking-squirrely ;)Cheers

Ok, here's the low down:

We liked the wine experiment, seemed like something fun.. we linked, he linked.. then let us down. So we emailed and asked what was going on. Less than polite reply hence we flamed him in cartoon stylee.

Basically we won our battles fair and square, I think Itchy Squirrel allows interaction with his site as he has no skills (as war no.4 suggests). While I'm not trying to say that you net geeks can't draw.. We don't need your pictures, we're good enough.

I find it hard to understand why people don't get the fact that the dude has stolen our work and used it on his site without simply having the decency to email and ask. :(

If you don't like our comics, to hell with you!.. but errrm, tell somebody else as they might, yea?

Merry christmas y'all...

Peter

(lastofthedotcoms.com)

now, your thoughts. who are you siding with? :D there are a bundle of issues involved here. link exchange, creativity, interactivity, copyright, etc. take your pick, or make one up! :D this should bring them more traffic and hopefully not bog down their servers. but it may well be good, and i'm making this in an attempt that they stop this "web war" eventually (like wishing for world peace). hehehe? :D

212294[/snapback]

It sounds really imature to me, declaring wars on another site just because of something so little like that.I mean, if you had to time to declare war on someone, and make creative ways of fighting back, couldn't you have used that time instead to improve your site instead?I won't side with either of them, neither side made any good arguments anyway.

My name

Web War

Itchysquirrel has been my name for a decade, I'm wondering why someone else picked it up. I had it at had it at hotmail too, but as soon as it expired, someone swooped in to sceavenge it. Why can't they come up with their own names? Do they even know what it refers back to? I doubt it.

Have to agree on the immaturity part of one website declaring "war" on another site because one or a few users that dont like something, or offended them. If it did offend them, it wouldve seen more mature to approach the site author and speaking with them personally before taking any other avenues if that approach fails.