xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Megahalo

Who Got Their Xbox 360?

Nope. I hoped to win one but lost. I am not about to waste all my money on a new gaming console I won't use that much. It is really a waste of money because when the play station comes out it will go down in price by a ton. Then when the Xbox720 (made that up) comes out you would have to buy yet another new console. That is why computers are so nice. The games are good for every computer there is. ;)

Hi, I don't have an XboX360 too. It looks real cool to me, but it's just the price. I think i'm not going to play that much. And another problem is, if I would, it would cost me a lot of efford. The XboX360s are sold out here everywhere. And they say, they are already sold out untill frebruary.What your story depends, i think that's not really true. The reason to buy a console is mostly, because it's cheaper and you can play all games for that console for at least 4 years or something. If you buy a computer now, you can't play the games that come out in 3 years. With a console you don't have that problem.

What your story depends, i think that's not really true. The reason to buy a console is mostly, because it's cheaper and you can play all games for that console for at least 4 years or something. If you buy a computer now, you can't play the games that come out in 3 years. With a console you don't have that problem.

I believe it is the opposite. A computer lasts longer, and the newer they are the longer they last. Of course games come out for it every month and everyone buys them. For a computer games will come out and you can buy new ones for like 10 years at least. They only come out with a new version of windows every once in a while just like consoles. The thing is though that when a new console comes out you have to buy the whole new console to play the new games because eventually they stop making games for the original console. If you have the original play station you can't find games for it anymore so in order to get new games you have to buy a whole new console. With the computer when a new type of windows or mac comes out they make the new games compatable with the old version. If you buy a computer game you will see that it can be played with maybe 98/2000/XP or whatever. So you can get newer games with the computer much longer than with a console.

i have not yet recieved my xbox 260 as i too am waiting until their is a supply to the public (as in, available to buy for people who did not pre-order). I really wanyt to buy one even though i have a top end computer. I feel like just selling my computer and buying a console. Consoles i believe personally are the best for gaming, they do have their downside's such as no mouse which is needed only really for fps games, aswell as you need a mouse for RTS games, also consoles lack RTS games. Reasons as to why i prefer a console for gaming are simple. Games run at a smoothe constant FPS/frames per second with virtually no lagg. Less to none glitches in the games/system. 5x more the amount of games compared to a PC *i think currently their are over 400 console games for the xbox alone ... you dont have to worry about performance and it is more competitive as everyone is playing against eachother witht he same "specs", unlike PC's, those who have higher end components in their systems get a better advantage over gaming/competitiveness on0line. i could go on... but it really depends onw hat you prefer... currently the xbox 360 is statistically better than 98% of any of the PC's to date int he world, and a game to date statistically has yet to even tap into 40% of the potential power in which the xbox 360 can do (ign article)

I believe it is the opposite.  A computer lasts longer, and the newer they are the longer they last.  Of course games come out for it every month and everyone buys them.  For a computer games will come out and you can buy new ones for like 10 years at least.  They only come out with a new version of windows every once in a while just like consoles.  The thing is though that when a new console comes out you have to buy the whole new console to play the new games because eventually they stop making games for the original console.  If you have the original play station you can't find games for it anymore so in order to get new games you have to buy a whole new console.  With the computer when a new type of windows or mac comes out they make the new games compatable with the old version.  If you buy a computer game you will see that it can be played with maybe 98/2000/XP  or whatever.  So you can get newer games with the computer much longer than with a console.

212253[/snapback]

Not true. A computer may last longer but to play the very latest games you need the latest hardware. PC games coming out now will most likely work very badly on a 2 year old computer. And the hardware is really expensive too. Graphics cards can easily cost Ł250-Ł300 for a good one and will last for maybe 2 years, 3 really pushing it until it's obsolete and needs an upgrade. Then don't forget the CPU (although to be fair the advancements in speed seem to have slowed down ) and RAM and soundcard. Oh and sorry, it looks like your old motherboard can't take the new CPU you bought, so you need to get a new one of those too. And hard drive(s), optical drives and a case. True a lot of things don't always need to be upgraded but the two main ones, graphics card and CPU are the most expensive.

And then you have the problem of installing the game. Oh it doesn't work, seems like window has some sort of error. Better patch it and instal the latest drivers.

And have you tried getting some off the older games to work on a PC? It's insane. You need to configure so many things and install this that and the other. And even some of the more modern games don't work with the latest Windows build, like System Shock 2. Even after a patch and looking on the internet for different guides on how to fix it.

Consoles are so much easier to use.

But even after all that I still love and prefer my PC so any console out there.

you all should be asking yourself who wasted $500 for something that is defective and that even microsoft knows about it?

Yeah i heard about that, also the error problem when playing some games. clearly microsoft rushed this so they could get in before the xmas end. All a comercial game for defective products. Wait and get it for your b-day next year when there are more games and it's been fixed up.Or you could just play PC games, there are some great ones ie: Half-Life 2 and Civ 4