xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Megahalo

Half-strike - A Half-life 2 Mod

Description:

Half-Strike is a Half Life 2 mod, that takes pace in a post-apoctaclyptic future similar to the environment that is seen in the regular game. After raiding an underground labratory, our character John Graves is teleported to this dismal future, but only so that he may possibly redeem his dismal past.

HELP:

WE ARE RECRUITING SO PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST AND IF YOU LIKE THE SOUND OF IT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REGISTER ON THE FORUMS OR CONTACT ME AT megahalo@myway.com ON MSN! WE HAVE OPEN THE CODING/SKINNING/MAPPING/STORY/MODELING DEPARTMENTS!

Half-Strike Web Site

Other Info:

Single Player

Multi Player

Co-Op

First Person Shoter

Si-Fi

Team:

Megahalo - Mod Mangment/ Site Administration/ Coding?

JtMax - Mod Mangment/ Site Administration/ Skinning

Kizza- Lead Mapper

cFreak - Lead Mapper (RETIRED)

Wasson - Story Developer/ Advisor

(hv)ilikemods - Mapper/ Modler/ Skinner/ Sound Artist

Rautio - Lead Sound Artist

Preface:

"My name is John Graves, and my story is full of *BLEEP* i don't understand, nor like to talk about. An ex-green berae, i was disbarred from the army because of a mistake that cost the lives of my men...and the "honor of my country", but after all that i went through after what happened in Afghanistan, i knew that it was those men's life was all that mattered. The rest, was all bull *BLEEP*.

They were all dead, and as far as i was concerned so was I. Shortly after my marriage failed and I never saw my wife again. I can't say that I blame her, what i had become up until "it" happened, was something dispicable.

I became involved with a secret group of mercenaries, one that would work for the highest bidder and always had it's eyes on ex-navy seals, or other special ops members. It was a strange existance while it lasted, the thing was that way more than half the time...i didn't know who our client or clients were. So it felt as though I was a killer without cause...or effect for that matter. Taking lives, pulling the trigger, fulfilling a duty? what did it matter? The money was good...but i didn't want it. A dead man, makes no living.

But that all changed when I was selected for an exclusive job one that was filed under "Category : 0", because it was considered extremely dangerious and casualties were "guranteed". I felt that dentiny was calling me and that my fate lied in this mission...i though that it would be death, but i was wrong.

-We had an unusually long briefing, the man who never showed his face to his mercenaries was not the only once present, but their was some old guy in a suit who talked rather funny, said he was a representative of the company we'd be working for....I should have known I was in for trouble when he looked at me with that strange gaze. He seemed to be saying, "John...it wasn't your fault, you'll get your chance at redemption."

When i heard the name of the company we'd be hitting...the world around me dissappeared, thier was no sound, their were no other people, it was just me and that logo on the projection screen. "Keystone Labs. Where the future is made". What an ironic slogan...these *BLEEP*s would pay big for what they did to me.

....it was them that had made the experimental equipment we were using in the field...siesmic percussion sensors and an advanced directed energy weapon that used something called "Interphased EMP" valued by special ops because they left behind no bullets, shell casings and had several distinct advantages over conventional arms...but my confidence was misplaced in this new technology. So when pushed came to shove, those men with their AK's and Dragonovs got the best of me and my men. Of course we had our side arms...but their only so much a man can do with an M9.

We were told that in the deep levels we'd be infultrating, they had no solid intel about the locations layout or exact function...we were given special equipment and told. "you'll be equipped with cameras on your helmits and will record informatin for up to 6 hours straight, and "decoders" that should be able to link with any digital devices you find...get as much information as possible, and capture any hardware. We don't know what kind of security they have....don't worry about them flooding the labs with gas or nerve agents, we have another team that'll strike at the ventelation system."

Shortly after, we loaded up and were on our way..."Keystone Labs" lie in wait.

Concepts:

Logo for KeyStone Labs -

Posted Image

Music:

https://www.idrive.com/

We have no media. Well we have stuff done but nothing that is "media" quality. We are recruiting people like modlers so we can have peopple help us get some media and spark some attention. Half-Strike is completely unkown so thats why Im trying to get the word out there. Also I am on mod DB.