xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Something A Jet Could Do Besides Fly

i saw this video and was like how the hell was that done and by the looks of it the video looks real i just don't see how that was possible when it look like the jet was uder water to begin with.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3392/jet_taking_off_from_sea/

the theories of gravity really cann't explain this one.

Not the best graphics in the world as if someone made a home video and editted it or something. I don't think it is real. We would most likely of heard of it before if it was and doesn't an engine need oxygen to run or whatever? That is pretty interesting. Maybe they took a submarine coming out of the water and mixed it with a plane taking off.

That couldnt have worked because that was horrible graphics, The jet needs something to jet off of and water isnt a solid land mass that it can work on, and then it would have sunk to the bottom of the ocean before it would blast off

Jet engines don't push off of the ground; jets take off on runways, and the fuel propels them forward; it has nothing to do with what is behind the jet, be it air, solid, or water (how do spacecraft move in the vaccum of space if there must be something solid behind the explosion?). Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Regardless of how this video may look, it seems as though it very well could be possible. If it was just a video of a submarine combined with a video of a jet, why is it that the jet stands still as it is gaining thrust after it comes out of the water? The fire is building behind it, which shows that it didn't move very much for those few seconds, which would support the idea, since it would take a little while for enough thrust to be created for the plane to be able to overcome gravity. A jet in the air doesn't have an exhause buildup like that.I'd say it could be real.

Now that's a bit dodgy, if it were so great then the quality would also. These days with so much type of photography and the such it makes you wonder whats real and whats not. I remember a seeing a picture where a shark was attacking a helicopter in a river, now that is dodgy.

Well, they can shoot of rockets from Submarines, which works like this, with an ejector button. Once ejected from a nuclear submarine?s torpedo tube, the weapon clears the ship. While underwater, the rocket can ignite since it carries its own oxygen. So could it be a jet?Well, a rocket engine differs from a jet engine primarily in one key way. Whereas a jet engine pulls in oxygen from the atmosphere, a rocket carries its own supply of oxygen. (That's how they get thrust in space and under water). A liquid rocket engine carries a liquid fuel and a liquid oxidizer in two separate tanks. The two liquids are pumped into a combustion chamber where they are mixed and burned. Just as in an jet engine this combustion process generates a high-pressure gas that is exhausted through a nozzle to generate thrust.In a jet, air enters the engine through an inlet and is then slowed down and compressed by a series of compressor blades. The compressed air is then mixed with fuel, typically a petroleum-based liquid similar to kerosene, and burned. The high-pressure gas is exhausted through a nozzle to generate thrustThe purpose of the jet engine as well as the rocket engine is to combust a mixture of fuel and oxygen. During this combustion process generates a high-pressure exhaust creates thrust to push a vehicle forward. The fundamental difference between the two types of engines, however, is where the oxidizer comes from. A rocket carries its own supply of oxygen internally while a jet must obtain oxygen from the external atmosphere. Another more technical way to explain this difference is that the fluid a jet engine accelerates to produce thrust is air from the atmosphere whereas the fluid a rocket accelerates to produce thrust is the exhaust from its own combustion process. It is for this reason that a rocket works in the vacuum of space and under water, where there is no atmosphere or oxygen, while a jet engine will not. So this clip might show a rocket propelled air plane.Possible...

Personally, I'd have to see this kind of thing in real life to believe it.

212332[/snapback]

How much you willing to pay?

As far as i can see from the movie, it is a forge, cause i doubt there would be anything that could project an aircraft of that weight up and clearly out of the water, and also for the engines to fire off that quick is also abit dodgey, but not impossible.

Also if you look close enough, there is no water break from the aircrafts wings. If the wings are likely to have more of a water break then the rest of the aircraft due to aero dynamics.

Maybe the billion dollar spenders could design something like that could make that video true, could you imagine under water aircraft carriers and launchers. Not only can you ship in without being detected, now you could fly! ;)

actually their is only 1 jet in the world that can do a take off maybe possible and that would be a harrier jet it doesn't need a runway since it can take off vertical instead of horizontal. but the thing i notice was the lack of sound. but of course now i can see in the very beginning where it was edited to look like it, but that would be a sweet thing to see though.

i saw this video and was like how the hell was that done and by the looks of it the video looks real i just don't see how that was possible when it look like the jet was uder water to begin with.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3392/jet_taking_off_from_sea/

the theories of gravity really cann't explain this one.

212176[/snapback]

if that was real id be amazed but its not as you can see just before i takes off that theres a short pause in the film so it probabaly took off from an aircraft carrier and they rubbed out the picture or they filmed a model taking off and just enhanced the view

After a little Goggle search:

its actually footage of an uwsa(under water surface to air missile) with a jet superimposed over the actual missile these are fired from the same silos that nuclear missiles are fired from in a submarine

If that really as real I would like to see it take off. Of course it would look sort of like a rocket but it wouldn't be sort of fun to take off straight up in the air and then curve off. They would have to make the plane a lot more powerful and modify the engine if they want to have it take off out of the water.

If that really as real I would like to see it take off.  Of course it would look sort of like a rocket but it wouldn't be sort of fun to take off straight up in the air and then curve off.  They would have to make the plane a lot more powerful and modify the engine if they want to have it take off out of the water.

If it was real, I would certainly like to see it in action as well, but it isn't. Read my previous post. There's no longer any reason to speculate about if it is - it isn't.