xisto Community
realthor

Amazing Realism: have you seen THIS fluid simulatior?

I really can't believe this.Perhaps you guys are more familiar with this kind of stuff but i am stunned.This, in-house i believe, fluid simulation software looks incredibly real to me i don't know what to believe but on the movie clip it writes that 100% cg generated or similar.
Take a look at their clips...incredible.I would,t think for a second that those are cg... :P

index.html

wow i think im as amazed as you are. its crazy what people can do these days with the computer. to bad they dont have a trial version of their software to download or something. imagine that. that you could make like water effects and stuff with just a software. amazing eh?i hate to double post but i gotta say this. looking at the phone numbers to contact them i noticed their germans. haha oh im so proud. lol.

Notice from KuBi:
Posts merged. Next time just report your post that you want to modify and and mod will do it for you.

Wow! That is some pretty cool stuff. I bet if they make it three demensional with the 3-D glasses is would be crazy. I like that a lot. Of course it could be real :P and they just want you to think it's fake to make them look good. lol Or not! That is some really cool stuff.

Gees, that is amazing! And you're saying that's all computer generated? Wowzers. People are really talented out there these days, it's just plain amazing what you can do with technology.-GASP- It looked so real! Thanks for that one.

It's got to be magic, thats the only explaination this guy has a magical computer. Magic or they sold their souls to satan in exchange for brilliant CGI powers. Well if you can't tell I'm going the group of people amazed by this sheer realism that some people can make using a computer.

If you watch the movie and look to the right of the movie screen there is a small pic. If you click that it will open up the computer generated version like thing that they transform into water. It is pretty cool stuff. It shows fluid coming out of 3-D buildings made on the computer. I really wish I knew how they did it.

wow! that is amazing man... it really impressed me. Well, I wonder too how they did such a thing!!!Cheers!!!

That truely is amazing. . . . I mean the fluid liquid visuals are astounding. The bit which really shocked me was when the shark's fin surfaced and the video showed the water splash and the water level raising aroudn the shark. I mean this this going to be a liek aplugin for render's? Is it there to compete with Pixar's Renderman, because it looks like it can!

yes they are german and looking for staff to hire, must know both Maya and 3DS and kave dozens of skills. If any of you are from Ger you could at least apply. Indeed i've read every bit of info on their site and seen the second movie too, it looks very, very,v realistic even without textures and illumination. Oh, i wish i had such a piece of software. They also wrote on their site that this year at Siggraph they competed succesfully with similar american technologies. Why they didn't tell anything in any article i've read about this...

That is just amazing. This has to be one of the best cg works i've seen so far. However, this isn't perfect. I have a picky eye when it comes to these type of things as I do alot of cg work myself, there were a few places that gave it away, the rocks, the canister-like object and the helicopter. I have yet to see an absolutely perfect render but this came pretty close.

Although it may be stunningly realistic (for the most part), what amazes me more than the realism itself (after all, it's just a bunch of equasions in graphical form) is the amount of time it must have taken to render a scene with such detail.