xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Alex_W

Best Online Game favourite online game for PS2

my favorite online game would have to be socom 3 to me it seems like the most realistic, and the gameplay is not choppy, 2nd in line would have to be nhl2k6 that game is solid, they have a big online player base, aswell as a ranking system and coment cards. so basically if someone uses a glitch or whatever they can be reported and view by other players so they do not play with them again.

ok here the list of my favourite online ps2 games1. Battlefield 2: Modern Combat2. Monster Hunter3. Champions: Return to Arms4. Champions of Norrath5. Killzonei just got BF2:MC and it is th ebest FPS i have played for the PS2 i would recommened it too anyone :rolleyes: also my favourite online in general are:1. Lineage 22. Legend of Mir 33. Need for speed: Most Wanted4. Civilization 44. Dungeon Siege 2

The game I'm addicted to for over two years already is called "Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory", it was first planned to be an add-on to the original Return to Castle Wolfenstein, but because the single player developers weren't doing their jobs correctly the single player part never got finished and Activision decided to scrap the project as addon. Another developer called "Splashdamage" was responsible of the multiplayer part of the game, but they did their job it was supposed to be, so Activision decided to release the multiplayer side of the game for free. Altrough Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is far over it's most popular point it still rests int he top 10 multiplayer games of this time.Some links to the game:
http://www.splashdamage.com/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
developer of Wolfentein: Enemy Territory (SplashDamage) is now working on another multiplayer only game, together with iD Software and Activision. The game is called "Enemy Territory: Quake Wars" and will combine the best gameplay from Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory with the Quake universe, with big maps and vehicles (ala Battlefield 2) using the Doom 3 engine with an amazing new technoligy called "MegaTexturing".

I don't really like any online games for consoles really I'm a pc online person.Right now my favorite online game is Empire Earth for pc (By the way I also pretty much only like strategy games like heroes (more real time ones though not turn based), Diablo, World of Warcraft and Warcraft, Starcraft, and alot more.)Also, shouldn't this topic be in the gaming section not the game console section?

I have tons of online games but because i am on a stupid 56k dial up connection, i cant really play them with the best of experienceanyway here are some of my favourites:1) americas army ( plays reasonable on my 56k :rolleyes:)2 World of warcraft 3)FIFA 2006 online4)Need for speed Underground online'5) Counter Strike source 6)Empire Earth7)Nba Live 2006 & 20058)Unreal Tournament 2004 & 5

my favorite online game would have to be AOE to me it seems like the most realistic, and the gameplay is not choppy2nd would have to be FIFA that game is solid3rd would have to be SNOOKER they have a big online player base, aswell as a ranking system and coment cardsFinally chess master

I only play one online game currently, Neverwinter Nights. It's a RPG game. It's based off of D&D, more or less. People have made all kinds of variants and servers for it. D&D: Forgotten Realms, Middle Earth, even Harry Potter. It's got servers all over the world, and has servers in all kinds of different languages. Some servers are more hack 'n slash, some are very serious RP, some are a bit of both, so it's got something for everybody. It's been out for quite a while, so it's quite cheap to buy. No fee for online gaming. NWN 2 is supposed to come out "soon" (you know how gaming companies are when they say "soon").I also used to play Diablo 1 online. I have it for my PSX, too. I never got a console after PSX, I got a computer instead, lol.

There is a certain lethargy associated with the heavyweights, but Evander The Real Deal Holyfield has flash in those huge hands, and strings together combos with regularity that staggers and drops the stumbling Meyers. A first fight opponent versus a revamped legend. What fun!

EA Sports is gearing up for the Feb. 22 release of Fight Night Round 3 on the Xbox and one of the game options players can leap into is taking a legend and starting the career path anew.

The game has a few stumbling areas, but is generally a solid fighter that brings the thrill of boxing to the fore with great controls, solid graphics and sound.

There are several ways to play the game. Play Now is the instant fight mode; ESPN Classic offers historic fights and the chance for players to rewrite or participate in legendary rivalries; Game Modes offers up Xbox Live multiplayer options and Hard Hits fights; but the crowning single-player mode is the career mode, in which you create a fighter, skill up the attributes, work through the amateur rankings and finally turn pro. There are eight attribute categories: power, speed, agility, stamina, chin, body, heart, and cuts.

In the preview build received, you cant have two careers going at the same time. You have to retire one fighter to begin another.

Once you have either recreated a legend or created a new fighter (using a very nice customization options package), you begin by signing a contract for a fight. You can scout your opponent, but you also need to look at the contract terms. Some will offer rounds for the fight, but others can be a hard hit encounter, meaning that rounds are ended when one fighter hits the canvas. Others will offer increased paychecks for winning the bout or bonus to other areas, like popularity.

The fight is signed so you head to training. You can hire a trainer, some are free but offer no bonuses, while others will cost a bit and give improved results. Training falls into three attribute-specific areas plus sparring. You can auto train or play the training mini games. The latter offers the opportunity to get bigger rewards but you can also fail and come off with losses in categories. You will only get half the points for auto training but it gets you to the fight faster.

Win fights gains popularity, more money and unlocks better gear and fighting styles. If you unlock a new fighting style, you need to return to the edit boxer screen to activate it.

The controls did feel a little sluggish at times. The right analog stick controls the punching. If you push the stick to the right, rotate clockwise and then counterclockwise you can execute one of the new Impact punches the Flash KO. The other new Impact punches are the Haymaker and Stun Punch.

The Xbox version uses the health and energy meters along the bottom of the screen. If your fighter runs low on energy, the punches will be slower, you will hear heavier breathing and you will tend to stand there and take counters. Moving away will recharge the energy meter, plus give you more room to set up better combinations. Standing toe-to-toe is not recommended in most cases.

Of course, not all blows are recognized in the games AI. The meter of the opponent is low, and you send in a hard combo that totally rips the wind from him and starts him on a fall toward the mat. His hands drop and as they do, you unleash a vicious uppercut. Ok, now if that landed to the chin of a stunned and unprotected fighter, chances are really good that it is lights out. But the game doesnt seem to recognize the free shot. If the foe has not been knocked down before, the odds are good he will be back on his feet by the time the bodiless referee gets to the count of 7.

The soundtrack blends in nicely with the mood of the game. Featuring songs like Sean Biggs (Featuring Akon and Topic) Never Gonna Get It or Young Roscoes Itz Nothin, this is foot-tapping smooth backdrops for the interface. The announcer does a decent job of keeping abreast of the action. On a couple of occasions, the corner chat (which can be repetitive) dropped out, though the crowd noise was still there.

And the announcer did get off track or so it seemed at one point. The amateur title was on the line. The challenger (player controlled) known as Silk, comes storming out and pummels his opponent. A knockdown early in the fight sets up a devastating combo before the round ends. Silk wins by a knockout. The announcer intones that Silk really has to take this loss to heart. It is a devastating knockout win for his rival. Sorry, but that was the other way around.

The graphics have some clipping problems (at least in this preview build), but nothing too huge. There are load times that are not overly long or distracting. Some of the animations are not too accurate. A solid blow to the solar plexus usually does not cause a spew of blood from the mouth, or if it does, the ring doc better be ready to step in. Occasionally a disembodied arm floats through the center of the camera, clipping causing it to appear as an angular blob.

But again, this was a preview build and these may not be on the final release.

Overall, this is a wonderful and addictive fighter title. The career mode is well done and a lot of fun to play. Stepping into the legendary rivalries is always exciting and challenging and there is enough here to please just about any fight fan as well as those looking for a solid fight title.

Notice from BH:
Plagiarized from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Member already banned.

hmmm i like to play on thecrims do com its a great game which attracts people all over the world. and i found later another one called futureinfinity do com too.try to see them, iam sure you will like them.