xisto Community
Alex_W

Cars Can Now Go In Water

There are quite a few cars that can in water now. They have existed for a long time in the military.I don't think that these cars are very practical. How often is it that someone would drive and then decide he wants to take off the road and into the water? not very. Also, there would have to be special roads that slope into the water for this to work.

cars can also go under water if you close the intake and brine a fat pipe from the intake to the top of the car. a saw many offroad trucks and buggies do this. therefore no air gets into the car while the car still gets cooled down.

Has anyone seen the motorhome this guy made the can go in the water? It's really cool! It has a propeller in the back and a swim deck to! I think he said if he were going to sell it it would cost a couple million.

wow that's really cool it's amazing what science and technology brings us everyday, floating-in-water cars, HDTVs, mp3 players, inet fridges. . . i wonder when are going to bring these cars to mexico and how much money would they cost X_X, or maybe they would be exclusively for the army <,<

I heard about some kind of army ship that rolls on wheels and is air tigt so it can roll on the bottom of the ocean/lake/river/what ever. Maybe one day they'll make underwater roads with underwater traffic signals ;)

Hehe, now thats interesting, but I think it is soooo NOT NEEDED!! I just dont get it why people are tryin to improve everything when everything is already quite ok! Maybe we should downgrade a few things and go back living closer to nature eventhough we find that impossible to imagine nowadays...I really think that something big will have to happen for us to understand that we cannot use our mother earth and push her to its limits! She will fight back and she does now with all the tornados, earthquakes and stuff...People just doesn't realize that...thats all..So I think that wooden boats and bycicles instead of cars would be a good start!greetz ;)

I heard about some kind of army ship that rolls on wheels and is air tigt so it can roll on the bottom of the ocean/lake/river/what ever.  Maybe one day they'll make underwater roads with underwater traffic signals ;)

You must remember that things must be efficient and worthwhile to be built. For example, that army vehicle gets a stealth advantage from it's ability to roll on the ocean floor, but having a car underwater would just mean extra fuel would be needed (since water has more resistance than air) and for normal travel, an airplane or boat would be much cheaper/more fuel-efficient. Furthermore, the ocean floor is very soft, and with the added weight of the ocean itself pushing down, it would be very easy for something as heavy as a vehicle to be sucked below the ocean floor and never come up again. Even if there were underwater cities, there would be much more efficient ways of travelling than via "underwater cars."

Wouldn't it be just cheaper to get a small boat and a regular car? :( I'm waiting until the time that they make a car that can fly, go on and under water, and that has a fridge and a stove (or at least a microwave).(I do know there are mini freezers or similar in cars these days but I want one I can stick a turkey in!)

Try a hovercraft. Currently it can go on water and land, but not air. Wait till the hovercraft makers add those spinners from those helicopters on top of the hovercrafts. Or you can also pump in hydrogen air instead to make it fly. :(

seems like a cool thing. But for the price it makes it a little crazy. You could buy a nice boat for cheaper than that. I would say haveing a boat would be a lot smarter than paying a crazy amaount of money for a car that can drive on water.

thats as cool as it is stupid. cars that can swim lol... i just seems like a dumb idea. cars are for land boats are for water. hovercrafts do both... but a floating car just seems a bit... not right? haha. i dunno, the idea of it isnt clicking in my head. just seems really stpid.

A car moving in water? Why not have a good car and a good boat or ship? Of course it is always good to have one which can do play many roles for us. But i think it will be too much to ask from a car to perform well as a ship or boat as well.

u know what? ive seen that before, on discovery or TLC they had this car in that i think some warlord used in a war it was a votswagon with a propellor and those giant monster truck with the huge wheels could easily float i saw and even maneuver pretty well with those tires they got, the size of a man, you should research it its a cool subject

It is very similar to the type of car that James Bond would drive. It is pretty cool, I bet in about 50 years, every car you see will be either able to drive on water or fly in the air. Until the petrol runs out anyway :angry:

Haha, well look at that, now we don't need a seperate boat to get at the other side of the river. I wonder what future cars will be able to do, levitate, or even make space travels? :angry: