xisto Community
swiftstorm

World's Smallest Radio

I am not sure if this is what you are talking about but after doing a search I found a website that has the world's smallest AM radio which seems to meet your description.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Not a bad little gadget that you can use to keep updated when the power goes out and stuff. Would be nice to have as FM as well. Might be hard to find sometimes if you aren't organized like me. :P I am sure they could come in handy when you need news and stuff.

I think I would have some uses for that. I might even order one. Pretty Cheap By The Way. They also have bulk discounts:

QUANTITY                * PRICE PER PIECE IN U.S. DOLLARS
          500 - 10,000              $4.75 each FOB our UK warehouse

10,001 - 20,000        $4.50 each CIF any major airport worldwide*

20,000 or more        $4.25 each CIF any major airport worldwide*

Notice from wassie:
Quote everything you didn't write your own

Chances are it's not FM-capable because of the power requirements; one can make a "crystal" radio that can pick up AM radio signals without a battery, but, since FM transmissions are on a higher frequency, one would need more power to pick them up; enough power that a simple battery (assuming said radio uses a battery) wouldn't provide enough power to run it (at least not for long, anyway).As was said, this would be excellent for emergencies, but otherwise, I doubt it would be the best choice for listening to radio casually.

I was watching this show on Tech TV once and this guy had the World's Smallest Radio. It was like the size of a nickel and fit in your ear. It was so cool.

211163[/snapback]

coulnt u loose it easily if it fell out in ur house u would spend ages looking for it

The same could be said for a contact, a battery, or any other small thing. That's why one must make sure that it doesn't fall out.Assuming it did, of course, one would feel/hear that it was no longer in their ear, and would then stop and look around the general area where they were currently standing/sitting/lying. Chances are they would be able to find it.

Hey! now they make them in FM too! That's the most amazing thing I've ever seen! Does anybody know when they came out with it? I might just get one of those. But I think you can only make a minimum order of fifteen dollars or more. I wonder How you have to tune it.

The same could be said for a contact, a battery, or any other small thing. That's why one must make sure that it doesn't fall out.

Assuming it did, of course, one would feel/hear that it was no longer in their ear, and would then stop and look around the general area where they were currently standing/sitting/lying. Chances are they would be able to find it.

212078[/snapback]

actully. .that isn't true.. .because sometime, people could be so careless that they tuned the music out. I notice that i do that sometime. Sometime my mp3 went out of batteries, and i didn't notice .. =P

well. .all i'm waiting now is. .for the world smallest mp3 player =P. .don't have to high those headphone and its wires in class. =P. and of course the memory have to be huge too =P.. maybe as much as a 60gb ipod =P.

actully. .that isn't true.. .because sometime, people could be so careless that they tuned the music out. I notice that i do that sometime. Sometime my mp3 went out of batteries, and i didn't notice .. =P

well. .all i'm waiting now is. .for the world smallest mp3 player =P. .don't have to high those headphone and its wires in class. =P.  and of course the memory have to be huge too =P.. maybe as much as a 60gb ipod =P.

213892[/snapback]

lol the worlds smallest i belive is with the goverment and not for sale to us... but whats for sale to us may be the sun glass ones or my nice compaq one but still we are talking only 512 max or so lol... the nano ipods pretty small as well... but only 4 gig...

but heh w/e id rather have the 30 or 60 for all the space and also a external hd lol...

Well Im very impressed that they can make those things nowadays. Becuse before 50 years ago a radia was big as your tv almost. ;) But If someone would sell it for me for about 50 buck I would say no even if it is cheaper than 50 buck I would say no. Beacuse I dont have any big use of it. But it is good for thechnology beacuse we are learning more and more to get things better. ;)

Becuse before 50 years ago a radia was big as your tv almost.

No, that was more like 75 years ago. By the 1950s, vacuum tubes were being made small enough to make a counter-top radio possible, and the transistor, which eventually completely replaced the vacuum tube, had already been invented and was beginning to be applied in electronics more and more.

Posted Image

A two-tube (homemade) radio from 1958.

Anyway, I don't think that anyone would pay more than 20 to 25 dollars for an AM or FM radio, since AM/FM have pretty much gone down the drain as far as interesting content is concerned. In the case of an emergency, a walkman handheld radio powered by double-A batteries would be much more efficient for picking up urgent broadcasts.

I was watching this show on Tech TV once and this guy had the World's Smallest Radio. It was like the size of a nickel and fit in your ear. It was so cool.

211163[/snapback]

Yeah i saw it to, that was awesome dude!