xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spy_charly

How To Delete A Mail From My Webmail Admin

hi all!, i have used the email from my account and sometimes it receives spam (still dont know why) so i would like to delete these emails but the problem is that when i try to delete some, it just marks them as deleted but they are still there (im using horde) any idea?btw, while cleaning my webspace, i mean deleting folders and files and also databases i dont see the changes from my "used space" quantity... does it take some time to refresh or something or i havent deleted the files at all?thanx in advance

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Merged double posts
Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

Just as with windows, when you delete a file, it doesn't get deleted. Instead, it gets moved to a directory under /home/you/.trash/. To delete all the files in this "trash can", log-on to your file manager:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And click on the image of a bin. It'll be in the bottom right hand frame and look like this:

Posted Image

And I've never used horde mail but I expect you'll have to click the [ Purge Delete ] button:

Posted Image

However, with the databases, I've no idea as I've never used them.

well actually i have already done that (with the file manager) but it doesnt refresh or decrease the space in fact it continues where it was at...and the second thing, about the mail, yep you were right, now i can delete the emails...thanx man