xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfly

Custom Error Pages Question Cannot customize them

In order to customize my custom error pages, I click on those particular error pages and I edited by inserting html code for error page and saved it. Cpanel responded that the page is saved, however if I type anything which is not found within my pages the custom error pages I've created were not displayed but I got the following error messages:

Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@domain.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

Since i thought that this could be due to html code, I removed html codes and simply put some text and tested them, still the problem persists. Please help. Thanks.

I assume that you are using the Custom Error Page feature of the cpanel?

Another way to set up Custom Error pages is through the .htaccess file.
This Link helps to explain how to do that. It is easy enough to do.

Good Luck with it.

Hi jlhaslip!Thanks for your response. But yours is with copyright or link back request and stuff whereas if Admin rectify it from the Cpanel I don't have to keep your copyright nor the link back stuff. After reading your code, I found that it is pretty ordinary and I could understand the ABC of controlling those pages from htaccess file. Thanks for the input. I'm still waiting from the admin and others to sort out the problem in the custom error pages.

The Cpanel Edits your .htaccess pages.So, basically, If you set a .php file to handle the error page, please make sure that the php file is perfect without code errors. If you can give us link to the file, then we can provide your additional help.Thanks.

I think Cpanel is not able to edit my .htaccess for some reason. I will edit .htaccess by my own and let you know the results. I should be fine if the code has no error. Thanks OpaQue/Admin for your help!