xisto Community
moldboy

Out Door Lights/cords

I have 5 tree shaped wooden frames that have had 5 strings of outdoor lights attached to them, No I want to attach them together, and as we know on one end is a male plug, and the other end has a female end. Now I want to know why anyone would make an "Outdoor" set of christmas lights, that doesn't work with "Outdoor" Externsion Cords? The female end of the string of lights has a little plastic flap so you can't use any cord that has been grounded, which are the only extenstion cords sold for outdoor use. Infact some insurance plans won't pay out fire insurance if you didn't use "Outdoor" cords outside, which like said I can't, because, well I can't.

I know what you're talking about. My grandma had the exact same thing happen to her. I had to just hack the plastic thing off. The people at these companies really need to use their heads, and put out a product that you can use easily.

I'd like to say one more thing now that I've warmed up and came to my senses, you know why the little plastic things are there? To prevent idiots from using their string of lights as an extersion cord for things that need to be grounded.