xisto Community
Jesse

Unfair

Well time for another rant. This time I am going to rant about our Prime Minister and the Australian Government.Well Mr Howard why wont you allow *happy* marriage. You refuse to be seen in public with one of your sons, and you know why? Cause he is *happy* and your ashamed of him, you silly silly person. He is still your child and you should be proud of him no matter what. But thats your choice.Anyway we have a RIGHT to be normal like everyone else. There is NOTHING wrong with us because we are *happy*. There is only one difference and it is you and your government that is discriminating againast us as Australian Citzens.Blah I cant continue with this rant for now ...

Sorry to hear your complaint about your own Prime Minister. I thought Mr. John Howard is doing a great job so far. It will be nice to know the reason why he is unhappy to be seen with one of his sons in public? Is his sons marriage not approved by his father? And what kind of marriage took place for his particular son whom he dislikes?You will get more support if you explain more detailly about your complaint against your own Prime Minister, will it not be a good idea to elect one of your rugby players or cricketers for the post of Prime minister?

Sorry to hear your complaint about your own Prime Minister. I thought Mr. John Howard is doing  a great job so far. It will be nice to know the reason why he is unhappy to be seen with one of his sons in public? Is his sons marriage not approved by his father? And what kind of marriage took place for his particular son whom he dislikes?

You will get more support if you explain more detailly about your complaint against your own Prime Minister, will it not be a good idea to elect one of your rugby players or cricketers for the post of Prime minister?

210993[/snapback]

Dragonfly, I've got a sneaky feelin' Jesse has put *happy* in view of avoiding to use another equivalent adjective, say *joyful* for example. Or another one, who knows?

By the way, I'm getting to looking forward to the next topic I'll get on The Vent coming from Jesse. Keep on the good work...

I agree with you! I would consider that unfair treatment period. I do not care if he was the guy's son or not. People need to learn that people who are different from them in some way are people too and should be accepted by everyone.

It really annoys me, how people are against things like that. It would be one thing if it was a choice, but its not.. although thats another debate. I don't know much about the Australian debate over this, but I know I'm completely against the way Bush has taken the US with it. I don't see how he can impose his personal religious views upon an entire country, and one thats made up of so many different religions. Well, Bush annoys me about everything..

I do think it's unfair. I strongly support same sex marriages. I am not Australian, nor do I know much about this topic, but i do believe it to be unfair.I am quite proud of Canada for supporting same sex marriages and allowing it. I am really disappointed that I can't vote at the next election for Canada because a party is trying their best to win the champian and take that away. I hate Stephen Harper... with a passion. My information may be wrong.

The English government has just legitimised same-sex marriages, now gays get equal rights to same sex couples regarding inheritance, pensions and things like that.Maybe Oz won't be too far behind now a major power has taken this step. We can only hope. After all, gays pax their taxes, gays vote, why shouldn't the be allowed to marry? It's rediculous.

I agree with you, Jesse. I'm an Australian myself, and I'm not a very big fan of John Howard. Particularly of late, because of the Workplace laws and such.He has his good days and his bad days, I think. More like good years and bad years. I would personally like to see another person as Prime Minister of Australia, perhaps even a woman. (I'm a male, but strongly support women in terms of human equality.)Best,Xuan.

I don't know a lot of people that mind *happy* marriages per se. I don't have a problem with it. I just have to wonder why it isn't legal, considering here in the U.S., a *happy* couple can put their life partner on their health insurance plan without being married. A heterosexual couple can't though, they have to be married. I think the laws should be equal for everybody, that way there's no fine line to cross. It's clear cut, and everyone knows where they stand. I guess that would be in a perfect world. Just have faith, all the old fogey conservatives will soon die off, and people's ideologies will change with time.

LiveForHer I would have to agree with you. A female as Prime Minister could be just what our country needs. With my understanding and research it appears that we have never had one, please quote me if I am wrong on this one.The Work Relations Laws ... oh man dont get me started on this one. But with my understanding of the last few days the NSW Premier is taking the Federal Government to the High Court of Australia to fight this law. However, as always it is the NSW Tax Payers that will be the lawyer fees and every other cost associated with this case.Oh well only time will tell what will happen with the WRL.