xisto Community
thebluekirby

What My Real Friends Did To My Online Friends..

Okay, I just needed some place to rant T_T it's really random, not much of a discussion. Anyways, my sister invited some of her friends over to our house and sleep over, right? some of them were my friends too. I went up stairs, some of the friends who came over were up stairs too. We were acting out harry potter scenes from the book ^-^. ...while we were doing that, other people were down stairs chatting with my online friends. guess i forgot to sign off aol and msn...so then they go through everyone on my list and told them something like this: "Heh. You don't even know if everything I'm telling you is true or not. My age might not be real, all those stories I've told you. I don't even know why you bother wasting your time talking to me, because I don't care if I hurt you because you can't do anything about it"!?!?Nya, it went something like that. If someone told you that, wouldn't you still feel bad? Even if it's just on the internet? I can't belive those guys Y_Y now all my online friends don't trust me.

so then they go through everyone on my list and told them something like this: "Heh. You don't even know if everything I'm telling you is true or not. My age might not be real, all those stories I've told you. I don't even know why you bother wasting your time talking to me, because I don't care if I hurt you because you can't do anything about it"

If someone told you that, wouldn't you still feel bad? Even if it's just on the internet? I can't belive those guys Y_Y now all my online friends don't trust me.

210742[/snapback]

Well, aren't you a bit too fast in calling people around friends ? I think the dude you talked to on the screen did you a big favor. He brought you back down to earth, and in time could become him/herself a real friend, 'cause he/she did tell you the truth.

Brace yourself and hold the fort.

:) that sux, i know belive me.i gave my password of msn to my friend to copy conntacts from it.he copyed down, and start telling people all sort of stupid things... like im that im this... and its like me tolking to them...then i pissed of and didnt wonted anything in real life to do to him so i go to his web page and... sniffed some around, found some old exploit and kinda hacxsored :D his web page :P hehenow i still know his password of gmail... so i see sometimes wasap with him ;)

It's a pain, that's for sure. But if you've known these online people for a while, I'm sure they'd understand if you told them the truth. Behaviour like that surely would be odd, and a reasonable explaination would be acceptable in my opinion. Acting Harry Potter scenes hey? Sounds interesting...

I remember a few years ago my sister sort of did the same thing to me. She was probably 11 at the time. I forgot to log out of a bbs that I frequent before I went to work. When I got home I saw that she had posted some things. The only thing was she used some swearing and she had a mean attitude and everyone could tell that there was no way that it could have been me. She changed the password and email address while she was in there, and that kind of made it hard for me for a few days.But if your online friends know you and know better, you can tell them what happened and they should understand.It's the lack of respect that some people can have for the personal business of others that is pretty upsetting to me.

My friends used to do stuff like that all the time and it really got on my nerves. My computer logs me out after a few minutes of inactivity. What you need to do is be a little more careful with the safety of your computer. If you have your own account just put a password on it and when the screensaver comes on set it so it logs you out. If you do that you should have no more problems.

You should be more careful with what kind of people use your computer. I mean, PC is for personal computer, so the name says it all. Your friends were a bit rude and childish with your online "friends", but if you talk to those ones and tell them what happened I don?t think they?ll have problems in forgetting about it.

I would be so mad! I have a few online friends, I have met all in person since I don't just communicate for fun unless it has to do with something related to my websites or something. But I guess it can be a pain. I know that things are harder when you have online friends then when you have real friends because you can't just call them up or talk to them in person and say that what someone said about you is not true.I would talk to your online friends and explain that some friends were over at your house and were messing around with it when they shouldn't have. I can imagine your online friends weren't too happy when they got those messages. Good luck with your friends, both online friends and "real" friends.

i dono i might be the only person who likes this but it's kinda fun sometimes to diss online people it's so easy and sometimes amusing..i only do it to the ones i dont like tho.Dont worry i doubt your online friends took it personaliy unless u feel close to them or something? :P

Wow, why were they poking around your stuff anyway? If they were real friends, they'll respect you and your belongings. Anyway, if I were your online friend and a situation like that happened, I'll understand, as you'll never know what's going on behind that screen in the first place. Plus, if it happened to me, It'll be a relief if people understand. Just tell your friends not to poke around with your stuff though... ;)

I have as many sincere online friends as I have in real life. I've never cheated anybody on the net coz I myself don't wanna be cheated. All of my online buddies have been knowing for quite some time now since I haven't added a new one in like 2 months or something. So we talk a lot and believe me its pretty tuff for anyone to fake up a wrong identity against me. I mean like how long can they carry on. One lie has to be supperted by another and that by another and son on and one day it'll inevitably crumble. So thumbs up to cyber friends.And about you real friends who spoiled your cyber life... they deserve some mighty **bottom** whoopin darn straight ;) .

kirby i have to say i *BLEEP*in hate you and your harry potter acting out *BLEEP*. Nothing is worse than that damn scar on his head. so what if he got hit by a *BLEEP*ing baseball bat. you know thats probably what happened anyway. If i saw a short scrawny kid walking down a street with a robe and a scar across his forehead i would think, HEY! your *BLEEP*in dumb what did you do to deserve that. I could care less if anyone hates you because in case you havent wondered i *BLEEP*in hate you and i have not a good reason why except that harry potter is a inconsiderate fad that will be gone in a few months anyway.

kirby i have to say i *BLEEP*in hate you and your harry potter acting out *BLEEP*.  Nothing is worse than that damn scar on his head. so what if he got hit by a *BLEEP*ing baseball bat. you know thats probably what happened anyway.  If i saw a short scrawny kid walking down a street with a robe and a scar across his forehead i would think, HEY! your *BLEEP*in dumb what did you do to deserve that. I could care less if anyone hates you because in case you havent wondered i *BLEEP*in hate you and i have not a good reason why except that harry potter is a inconsiderate fad that will be gone in a few months anyway.

214599[/snapback]

how rude! and off topic as well. you should respect people's opinions, instead of making things worse for you, especially ranting in the WRONG TOPIC. And look, just because i was acting out harry potter doesn't mean that I'm a big fan. I'm actually not, I hate harry potter as well. But as a good friend, I was being RESPECTFUL and helping them with their play for SCHOOL.

And instead of just ranting, you should at least give me a GOOD reason why harry potter sucks. As said,I'm not a big fan, but I think that the story is great and orignal. And it's popularity shouldn't give you a reason to hate it. Don't hate people for what they like, especially. they haven't done anything to you. And if Harry Potter is an inconsiderate "fad", then maybe it should have gone away by now, seeing it's been popular for SEVEN YEARS.

If you hate harry potter so much, go make another topic in the Vent so that you can find other friends who hate harry potter as well.

And thank you to everyone who replied.

i had a cousin of mine do that to me...pretty much the same thing except they said things like hey i gotta confess im really a 57 year old man looking for action.... of course i was only 12 at the time >_< i still have most of those friends to this day though..i know this is completley off topic but its just got to be said..kirby, i totaly agree with everything you just said..although i am a HUMONGUS harry potter fan you were being nice and conciterable and respectful, and i can garentee harry potter wont go out of fad until the movie series is over...