xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
punkgamr13

Is The Xbox 360 Next Gen? no

yea... i keep hearing how GREAT the xbox 360 is... "OMG OMG OMG!!!"... thats all i hear from people... but it just doesnt make sense... how can M$ have the gal to call the 360 NEXT GEN when we had the SAME graphics in PCs TWO YEARS ago...?? yea... its a pretty good deal price wise... but u can get a PC just as good for a $200-300 more than the 360... which is funny because people are paying up to $1000 for the thing on Ebay... hahaha... wow... idiots... y not just buy the computer that has so much more capabilty??... yea this might be a rant/rave and it wouldnt suprise me if it were moved into the vent section lol... but i was just wondering what u all thought.... do u consider it NEXT gen? :)

It's fairly obvious you haven't read the hardware specs for it. The 360 runs not one, not two, but THREE 3.2 Ghz CPUs and has a graphics card that can render something like a million polygons a second. To translate into English: Think the power of 3 high-end desktops put together for the processor and like 5 of the best PC video cards available for the 360's one vid card. The 360 allows for individual beads of sweat on people, which is something the PC has no hope for far at least another year or so. Don't get me wrong, I love my PC, but it gets owned by this.

Calling the Xbox 360 Next Generation has nothing to do with PC gaming or PCs in general. Next Gen is reffering to the tendency for gaming systems to come out in generations, like the following generations for nintendo:NESSNESN64Game CubeRevolutionSo when the gamecube came out it was a "Next Gen" system because it part of the next generation of consoles, along with the PS2 and the Xbox. PCs are likely to always be more graphically powerful just because of thier ability to be easily upgraded. But that aside the Xbox 360 is a Next Gen console with along with the PS3 and the Revolution.

I have been saying that for a long time, my pc can destroy the xbox 360, it isnt the greatest thing out. When the xbox 360 specs were first released, many professionals were dissapointed (I wish i can find that news article), what is the point of making a gaming system, when a system that can do much much much much more can do almost the same thing? these next gen systems are not as powerful as alot of peepl thought, and the graphics arent THAT breath taking. but microsoft, sony, and nintendo know that everyone would still buy it and y make a system twice as good when it'll take much more money and peepl who dont no better which is most peepl in the world still have their breaths taken away from these "state of the art" (sarcasm) systems.Money-wise we are stuck here so it doesnt matter. Companies could make a system equal to playstation 8 right now if they wanted to and had all the money in the world.

I think the XBOX 360 still sucks, due to the fact that it will not have compatability with keyboards and mice. The PS2 had 2 usb ports in which, I can use my wireless keyboard to enter codes, and type to other players when I play online. I was hoping that the 360 would have some kind of keyboard/mouse support to play FPS games, without having to buy a 50 dollar adapter.

I've seen some previews and commercials for the Xbox 360 over here (heck, they even have a cafe in Tokyo under the same name)....so far, it looks pretty impressive. It'll be interesting to see how it fares with the upcoming PS3 console when it comes out.

What atomicnacho Is right."So when the gamecube came out it was a "Next Gen" system because it part of the next generation of consoles, along with the PS2 and the Xbox. "Now, the GameCube not is a "Next Gen" anymore.

Until M$ fixes the problems that they're having with some of the 360s, it shouldn't be considred "Next Gen". They pushed the Xbox too quickly, and it came out with problems through the first versions of it.....so they took their time to fix what they should have to begin with, and everyone was happy. Fast forward to present, and they were in a big rush to get the 360 out before the competetors got theirs out, and now look what's happening.....a lot of systems are just flat out freezing up on games, it's not backwards compatible with all the old Xbox games.....this hurried fashion that M$ has been showing with their gaming systems has once again shown it's ugly face. The only thing about the 360 that really wows me right now is it's processor power.....the Hi-def aspect of it is pretty cool, too....but they still havn't won me over with their whole "Next Gen" pitch. Maybe sometime early next year we'll all see a game that will totally blow our freakin minds.....until then, the whole "Next Gen" slogan, or whatever you want to call it, needs to go. I'm not a Playstation gamer myself, but I have a strong feeling the PS3 is gonna wipe the 360 out when it's released, and we'll really get a glimpse of "Next Gen"

I don't like the Xbox 360, I dislike it alot, but nevertheless it IS next-gen, Next gen means the next generation. All the current ones Gamecube/Play station 2/Xbox are now NOT Next Gen.Also, of course the PC could wipe the floor with any system, but you can't really compare a PC and a System.

yea... i keep hearing how GREAT the xbox 360 is... "OMG OMG OMG!!!"... thats all i hear from people... but it just doesnt make sense... how can M$ have the gal to call the 360 NEXT GEN when we had the SAME graphics in PCs TWO YEARS ago...??  yea... its a pretty good deal price wise... but u can get a PC just as good for a $200-300 more than the 360... which is funny because people are paying up to $1000 for the thing on Ebay... hahaha... wow... idiots... y not just buy the computer that has so much more capabilty??... yea this might be a rant/rave and it wouldnt suprise me if it were moved into the vent section lol... but i was just wondering what u all thought.... do u consider it NEXT gen? :D

210653[/snapback]

360 blows man no jokes my friend had it and he said that there was no good games on it and she was getting up . a/w dont buy it until gr3 get out

In my opinion the Xbox 360 is by far next generation. I saw a commercial for a game for the Xbox 360 and the graphics were amazing for a second I thought that I was watching a commercial for a television show. This new system is also going wireless for controllers (this would not be next generation except for the fact they are the only ones you can use) so that has made playing video games a lot better so you can sit in your favorite chair in the living room while playing it.