xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andrescasta

Cheap Computer To Play Hl2

a "cheap" computer to run hl2 and css "smoothly". 2.4ghz processor is enough, but you're going to have to spend atleast 150 dollars on a graphic card...so including all the other junk...around 500-600 dollars. pentium 4 or amd 64 3200+ s754 (but you might as well spend an extra 50 bucks and get 939). 9800 pro or maybe x800 or x850. nvidia 6800 or 6600. i answered your question, but you might need more information than that

i say get a 600 dolor computer at sams club ....wait i dono if thats a world whide place... well its like costo...ok i dono if thats a world whide one ehter but its like a HUGEE **bottom** grosery store there computers are cheep but they are good for gaming

You can check out this site for it's requirements and other stuffs

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

minimum System Configuration

1.2 GHz Processor

256MB RAM

DirectX 7 capable graphics card

Windows 2000/XP/ME/98

Mouse

Keyboard

Internet Connection

Preferred System Configuration

2.4 GHz Processor

512MB RAM

DirectX 9 capable graphics card 256mb

Windows 2000/XP/ME/98

Mouse

Keyboard

Internet Connection

Lets put it this way, to play half-life 2 and Counter-Strike Source smoothly you don't need a lot, but term "smoothly" can me be sort of different in understanding of different people. For example in terms of human eyesight, 30 Frames per second is the best framerate, and anything higher than that will not be noticed, but will be accepted as 30 FPS. In reality though most of the gamers require 60+ fps to make sure the game looks perfect without a hitch. In CPL and other professional gaming leagues they usually require 100 not more not less. So, here is couple of configs that will run the game with 60FPS at high quality:Intel Based:Pentium 4 3GHz1Gb RamATi x800 or Nvidia GeForce 6600GTAMD Based:AMD 64 3000+1Gb RamATi x800 or Nvidia GeForce 6600GT

Half-Life 2 is one of the most demanding games you will find. My 16.ghz fails to run that at all and struggles to run Civilization 3 as well as Age of Empires 3 which annoys me to heck because I love all 3 series'. Oh well, maybe I'll upgrade sometime this year.