xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FLaKes

New Nokia Concept Phone Finally A cell phone that I like

Ive never really liked cell phones, and my mom and friends have alway wanted me to carry one. But why would I want to carry a stupid brick so my parents are calling me and asking where are you? though I agree that sometimes it may be necessary to send messages to friends and locating them, but anyways most of my friends have a cell phone so they can find me if they send them a message. For me its no excuse, a couple of years ago no one had cell phones and we could still organize stuff, or find each other somewhere, so why has it become such a must have? that you supposedly cant live without? I dont know but I dont have one and I dont care, until now that is. Check this cell phone out:

My Webpage http://www.yankodesign.com/2005/09/30/nokia-888-mobile-phone-by-tamer-nakisci/

Its the Nokia 888, say goodbye to the bricks. You can place it on your wrist, bend it anyway you like, it has video, and.. and, I want one. ;) LOL. Thats probably the first time Ive ever said that about a cell phone.

Actually a lit bit over a year ago, my cousin asked me why dont you get a cell phone? And I remember I promised him, whenever I can replace my watch with my cell phone, believe me I will. I guess thats why Im so excited about this phone. :). Besides here in mexico, well back in a few years ago, you coulnt really have a cell phone if you were riding the bus, because someone would eventually notice it and steal it from you. About 5 months ago a friend had a really cool cell phone which cost him about over 200 dollars, and on the bus some guys noticed him and on his way out on the street they threatened him with a knife and the other guy with a needle saying that if he didnt give him his cellphone and wallet he would inject him aids, and the other guy would stab him. Yes, this was on plain daylight, and now my friend has a crappy brick phone so the next time he gets stolen it wont cost him that much. Well sorry I got a little bit off topic here, but it was another reason why I didnt like cellphones because I would eventually had to have an ugly brick, and because I feel like I loose privacy peace and money.

Anyway, you can check more out on NOkias cool concept lounge here: http://ww11.designawards.nl/ , sorry about the huge post, just had to express myself :P

Boy! that is so hot concept!Beleive me I'll be one of those people (just like you) who will buy that instantly (provided pocket will allow us to do so :)).I just saw the pictures and understood the whole thing...may be there was more to it but I was so facinated that I didnt bother to read it...all time I stared at those pictures.And that Nokia concept lounge is also a very very good website...One can expect that from Nokia ;)I am now running the horses of my brain and thinking of a new concept so that I can win that Nokia 7710...What else one can think of after this(wrist band phone)....??

If I new about that website some time ago, I would have probably thought about it first. :) , not that Im bragging about it or something, but I seriously had this Idea a really really long time ago. It was like my condition for technology to have a cell phone, but blah. To bad its just concept, it will probably take a couple of years for it to appear, maybe it will use one the those paper thin screens.

wow its like oh my god that is such a hot cell phone. i wonder how much it will cost when its realeased in what one? two? three years? anyways im dure im gonna try to get it. maybe i can convince the guy at the vodafone store to give me one for my loyalty or something. anyways im downloading that animation video from the website at the moment. you know the fact that it has a name already it promising that it might come out some time soon. but you never know.Hey i dont wanna say anything about mexico im just going by what your saying but do you seriously think that having THAT cell phone wont get you some mean *BLEEP*s threatening your with a knife and aids to give it to you?

It will probably be really easy to hide, or Id just give it to them. Its not worth it. Besides, I have a car now, so no more riding the bus though sometimes I do have to.

OMG that's so cool! FLakes do you live in mexico city? i live in puerto vallarta and it's really calm over here (not all the time but most :) ) i really liked the phone, because im using the same old motorola brick from 5 years now u_u but i can't think of the day this phone comes to mexico, AND the price maybe my wallet wouldnt let me buy it now =P so it's seems that i will have to start saving . . . by the way i wonder which company will get ir first (TELCEL, Movistar, they're kind of cellphone monopoly war ). But returning to the concept, i really liked it, i wonder how a liquid battery works ._. and i suppose the numbers are for you to touch. They should make one that blocks itself in speech mode, so that if other person grabbed it/stole it it wouldnt work for them, that would stop some of the stealing.