xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amezis

What Is Your Internet Speed?

Well, I have heard that the default internet speed can be different in different places, for instance in Japan, you can easily get 50+ mbps, but I only have 1500/300 kbps ADSL line... So, I wonder what other people here are using?

hmmm well it depends really. what im paying for is a down of 6000 but what im getting around maximum 1900 so it really sucks bad. i mean i live in the smallest town ever here and yeah. and sometimes it even goes down to 700 or 300. i think im gonna try to get my isp to install a repeater in this area.

I have a measly 1.1MB ADSL connection. I live in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere. We are one of the few to have ADSL as the possibility of having a connection runs out about 3 doors down as we are miles away from the telephone exchange box thing.

Well, I have heard that the default internet speed can be different in different places, for instance in Japan, you can easily get 50+ mbps, but I only have 1500/300 kbps ADSL line... So, I wonder what other people here are using?

210174[/snapback]

50+ mbp ??? that's like t1 or t3 even..it's about 10 times faster than comcast cable internet..... actully..that would be like t5... 5 mega bytes/s...

you sure yo udind't get that wrong?

well.. if that was true.. your cable bill in the thousands range =P