xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
H3arts_4nxi3ty

Racism I dont like this

I think we know that racism is (I hope)We are all gonna have issues with racism, until we figure out a way to destory hate, which is a fundamental problem in humans today. Hate causes, wars, poverty, injustice, as well as racism. How to do it. Well that beats me, I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

as long as we live... racism and hatred cannot be distored...hatred is part of being human. No matter how advance we are... hatred will alway be in us and will lead to racism...and no.. i don't htink it should be a prison sentence because.. evne if you put someone in prison for being racist...... what are the chances that will change that person point of view on a certain race? But instead, the hatred in that person would increase. So it's like adding more fuel to the burning fire...

The "R" word. Yuck!Racism doesn't neccesarily involve hatred. Although sometimes it does. Racism to me is when you treat someone differently based on their race vis-a-vis your race. I am white. I like to believe that I am not racist, so I am careful about the jokes I tell, the descriptive words I use to identify people, and try to form opinions about individuals based on my direct dealings with them, rather than use pre-conceived notions or generalizations. That is racism to me.The World is getting smaller. This Internet thing is reducing the time envelope we live in. Since I have logged on this morning, I have read information from around the globe. It enhances my view of the world and is a positive thing.I am not a scholar, but there are lots of schlars who believe that discrimination and racism can be defeated. As evidence, there are studies which track a young child's beliefs and they find that racism and prejudices are "encultured" or learned from others. Children don't naturally hate other races. They are taught to do so. And there are people working diligently as individuals and as groups to do what they can to eliminate racism throughout the world. I wish them success.

Although everyone would like to say that racism doesn't go on anymore, it does. Even on TV it is still allowed (take for example fat fighters on little britain).Racism in my opinion is caused by hatred and all hatred is caused by misunderstanding and ignorance. In theory then, if you educate people about different races, then you can stop it. Unfortunately, that probably won't work as well in practice, but I believe when the younger generation grows up it will die down.

Racism will never go away, unless you drastically alter our dna. It's part of our ego self defense along with fifty other things we lie to ourselfs about. Heck, I bet ants thing humans are inferior and deserve to be wiped out. Psychologically we are the center of the world to ourselfs, therefore whatever we are must be the best possible characteristic. Your subconscious brain won't let you deny it, just like it won't let you say it in public. Racism is when you don't realize it's hate.

There is no real way to stop racism look at all of the genocides that have happened in human history it is just some one's dicression against a certain race and it should be fine to feel that way but it is if you chose to express it in a agressive or disrespective manner.

Although everyone would like to say that racism doesn't go on anymore, it does. Even on TV it is still allowed (take for example fat fighters on little britain).

210213[/snapback]

Okay, that's not racism. That's a joke, it's taking the micheal out of people <i>like</i> Marjorie Dawes, thus highlighting the issue of racism, if and where it could possibly exist in the pockets of this country. It's a little like Ricky Gervais' David Brent in The Office, and his treatment of his office worker who is in a wheelchair. He leaves her stuck on a flight of stairs in a fire alarm drill, and moves her wheelchair about willy nilly, and also talkes to her in a slower and more child-like manner. This obviously is an assult on his character, becuase it isn't acceptable in Britain today for us to treat people with disabilites like that. Just like it isn't acceptable for us to treat ethnic minorities in the way that Marjorie Dawes does. The laughs are drawn from our exhasperation and shock from her behaviour, not becuase of her maltreatment of Indians.

Yes, that was something of a rant there, but I needed to vent somewhere today :)

The world is very racist. I am not going to say i am not 100% racist. I would never not be friends with someone if they werent the same race as me, but i dont make it a point to be friends with anyone of a different race (i dont make it a point to be friends with anyone, friends just happen.)

Everyone it seems to be pointing the finger at eachother. African Americans point their finger at white people, white people point their finger at mexicans...and its just a long chain of pointing fingers.

Personally i do say some things about races, i dont really mean them...i just get fed up with the majority of certain races. Its never what colour their skin is, its more of their attitude and , true i shouldnt judge a group of people for what small group of them i have seen, but sometimes it just happens. Its hard to respect people if what you have seen of them isn't very enlightening. But like i said above i would never refuse a friendship with someone just because they are of a different race.

I hate when people pull the race card, "Oh im white i was denied this right" "Im asain i was denied that right" FYI maybe it was YOU as a PERSON and not the colour of your skin!

In my opinion if someone is allowed to talk trash about someone, that someone should be allowed to talk trash about the other person, or NO one should talk trash about eachother.

But racism will never go away, its always going to be around. We just have to be atleast mature enough not to cause harm on someone for their race. Am i racist? In my opinion im Not...do i think racism is wrong? Yes...but its not ending anytime soon.

well, I do hate racism and since I'm a minority in the country where I study right now (I'm Asian in England). I do feel strongly against racism. I haven't experienced much of it...But I'm really upset when people judge others' people ability based on race.My lecturer once says in my class "you know where I taught befoe, students all got this wrong in exams. (at least 60% got it wrong)But, of course, that university is full of international students...so their english is already not very good and it's all very difficult for them".....I almost just raised my hand and said 'you are racist'.For one thing, all exam papers are anonymous. So even if he marked the exams there, and 60% of the papers got it wrong, how could he have known they were international students' papers? He was just racist. And he himself is probably the worst lecturer at Oxford. However, since I do law and we did theory of punishment before, I don't think people should go to prison for minor racism. But, say, people in the Klu Klux Klan in the US (not all of them, but some members, who carry out violent acts against black people) should be punished. As soon as it gets too much...i.e. violent etc.So it's a question of degree, I think

i think you will find that racism is one of these things in life that will happen over and over..there is no way to stop it it comes in so many shapes and sizes,starting with you colour the country you come from your religion..i mean the colour of your hair ...it is so huge, aslong as there are ppl there will be racism and no prison sentence in this word will stop it ,even in prison it goes on.The second you go in to school and some times before this you are being taught about your history,most of this has got somthing to do with racism,wars against other countrys.The minute you are different from the norm you will be bullied in a racist way...but life will go on and there will be ppl that will fight for the equalityof all but believe me they will at no point win this war againt racism it is to big..as i said aslong as there are ppl there will be racism..but the fight must go on....tc all be good be safe spawn

My lecturer once says in my class "you know where I taught befoe, students all got this wrong in exams. (at least 60% got it wrong)But, of course, that university is full of international students...so their english is already not very good and it's all very difficult for them".....I almost just raised my hand and said 'you are racist'.

well just because your professor said something like that doesn't mean he's racist. just means he isn't taking all facts in and weighing them.

BUT do you really need all facts for something he said that should have been taken as a general statement? there should be a leeway of assuption based on the obvious. the obvious being that children raised speaking the english language will speak it better and write it better and understand it better than children not raised with english being their primary language.

i have many asian(mainly korean and filipino) friends as well as hispanic. i've also met alot of people working at the mcdonalds and taco bell who are majority non american etc.... sorry, but from my experience in dealing with non natice english speakers, 2% speak, write and understand the english language to compete with those who were born studing the english language. english written tests ARE harder for those who weren't raised native english speakers.

now this is just a fact bud and anyone who refers to something like that is not a racist. i remember my foreign friends(some who were even born in the states) had to work harder and carry a dictionary with them everywhere.

here's a test for ya. go to a mcdonalds or taco bell(comon almost anywhere) and order food once a week from there. at the end of the year do your tally in the tabs you kept. what are you keeping track of? you keep track of how many times your order was screwed up by some idiot....and you keep track if they were native born english speakers. then come back to me and post your results....but please note that when you come back and post about it you may find a little racist in you from the idea of what you consider a racist to be.

now my opinion on you is(and since you judged your professor, i feel the same can be done for you) that you are guilty of the same crime your professor is in that you don't weigh all the facts before drawing a conclusion. it was good you didn't raise your hand because you would have been embarrassed after hearing a response to your statement.

this whole subject gets to me right now because i posted something in another thread about my neighbor who has done some terrible things. he's black. i am white. my fiance is white and HIS wife is white.the other day when i saw him acting suspicious, i had him move along back to his own apartment rather than hanging near ours. after that, i called him a "*BLEEP*".now my take on that is that he is scum of the earth and he shouldn't even be living on it. but does that make me a racist? i don't think so. deragitory comments are meant for deragitory people. "niggers" refer to blacks in a deragitory way.racist, no....prejudice, yes. i am prejudice just as everyone is and has nothing to do with color. just as i called this dummy a "*BLEEP*", i have called white people worse crap than that.now i love people in general and love listening to and watching them. i've told many racist joke, but am i a racist? naw.... people cry "RACIST!" too often and it's usually those who cry it that are the racists. does it exisit? YUP! should it be taken lightly? NOPE......BUT! it shouldn't be taken to an extreme. and it shouldn't be exagerated to state that people are racists when they aren't. there's a fine line but if people are respectfull, it doesn't matter who is right or wrong or if someone got the wrong idea. in the end, you'll know who the racists are and who you need to avoidsociety wont change racism and make it better. the only people who have this influence of change is family blood. and this wont happen fast, but slowly and over generations of time. sure, with the laws gradually changing, it makes it easier for the blacks and mexicans(the two races that have it the hardest in the united states with blacks being #1) to survive and be juddged more on their character than their color, but it's the PARENTS OF CHILDREN who teach them racism and it will always be the parents who will sway their children in to thinking different about different races. it's NOT peoples fault. it's history's fault. we started off on the wrong foot and needed to learn from our mistakes. children are born innocent. these racism is learned experiences usually being taught in the home over time. is it the parents fault? they were taught the same crap. they are victims of circumstance too and it's VERY VERY hard to change ones mindset of learned experiences. it's like touching a hot pot on the stove. we learned not to touch it from an early age because we were stupid in touching it in the first place. well, there's no way we are touching that crap again. how many people will touch a hot pot? nobody. how many people will touch ANY pot on the stove....most people will be cautious and feel the air around the stove and the pot before they touch it. same thing is going on with racism right now....it's getting better and people are growing smarter in how they feel their way around.anyway, don't know if any of that made sense, but i don't really think racism today is anyone's fault. you can't blame them. they were taught this and the people who taught them this were taught the same ways. it's sort of a screwed up thing where we just have to let time take care of the learning process.

i'm posting again. i wanted to say that racism feeds on racism. racism deals more than with blacks and whites but i will use blacks and whites as an example here. alot of blacks were raised slaves in this country. caused alot of bitterness and anger. ofcourse they will see the white man as someone bad back then and hate them for their treatment. because of this, some whites will start to hate blacks not knowing where their attitudes are coming from and revert to talking down about blacks and to their face. this in turn will cause more crap and eventually, it wont be specific to a person, but to a race or color.i see this in my own parents(not to an extreme) and have tried VERY hard to raise my neice in a different mannor. my mom blames crime on the blacks. she still lives in los angeles. she blames the l.a. riots on the blacks. i've heard this crap so much i get sick of hearing it. it's closed minded. yes, the ratio of blacks and white to crimes cimmited show blacks at a vry higher ratio but when you open your mind up to the why's, then you realize that it's not fully their fault but a bunch of other determining factors. but when people see the statistics, they are closed minded and start hating the blacks. why are they commiting crimes? why do they live in poorer neighborhoods? why do they sell the drugs, why have they generally scored lower in tests? why do they rarely graduate from a college? these aren't all the determining factors but examples and these ARE determining factors and not just statistics of my observance. each factor has a role to the next factor and if you backtrack in time from factor to factor you come up with on main factor and that is the white race always held the black race down and it started when we made them slaves.now i hit my mom with this and she said that this was 200 years ago and "they should get over it by now". B.S.!my mom is VERY cool but she has some minor flaws in her thinking that a lot of people do. you don't just get over crap like that. it takes time. some blacks have learned to live and exist in a society that in the past have always tried to knock them down. they do what it takes to live. where? in poor neighborhoods. why? because nobody will hire them. so what do they do for money? they rob/steal/sell drugs. they are forced to crime.i know all people have a brain and have smarts to make the right choices, but under certain circumstances that are extreme, it's VERY VERY HARD to make the extreme choices that wont get you in trouble or in jail.ok, now i've said enough on this subject. i hope i made people think in my last post as that was my intention rather than think narrow minded. next time you see your foreign neighbor, smile and say hi. it doesn't matter if they smile or say hi back or give a negative response. you did your part and continue to do that. soon though, they WILL smile back and give a positive response. the worse thing that could happen by something positive you do is that it will just make them THINK

Do you feel that racism should have a prison sentance penalty?

I don't know about jail sentences but a lot of countries already have in place anti-discrimination laws (and it doesn't only have to be based on race) which can result in fines (and maybe in extreme cases, jail terms).