xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

Runescape...not That Great

I just finished playing runescape, and I have to say....its no that great. It is not compatible with 56K modems, and it downloads too much stuff onto your computer. The graphics arent very good either.

Finally someone who believes what I believe! I tried it a few years back, and it scared me off for life. There's so much corruption of the gameplay that it's just...hard to sit through it. I still have an account there, I think, but I won't be going back there. Heck, I know people who pay large sums of money for little items - not that that doesn't go on in any other RPG, but for Runescape? Why? That's like spending $60 on 10 pixels and HEY! We throw in two pixels free!

Runescape(RS) has its ups and downs but unfortunatly its just how they make thier living it isalso is very popular among younger people who dont worry about graphics. If you play RS you obviously dont go playing for the graphics. It has lots of members and guides plus it has been around for a long time. I mean its just how things are you cant cjange them plus many people have said what you say about RS.

I dislike Rune Scape also, all my friends play it, but I really dislike it. I mean the graphics are meh at best (though for not install stuff, its decent) the battle system is really slow, I'd rather play Maple Story, actually I like Maple Story's Graphics over Rune Scapes. Or Adventure Quest over Rune Scape.I thought it was compatible with 56K also. Learn something nwe every day.

My name says it alll. literally looked up runescape hater just because i wanted to spread the news on what im doing.. iI hate runescape so much that im actually gonna try to shut it down or suttin like that.. i wanna get as many as i can to quit start a group or people who also hate the game and spread the news and warn people not to play all over the runescape forums and sites... it may sound crazy but i feel like my purpose in life was to rid most of this game as well as i can without doing anything illegal or wrong.I am done for now may post more later.

i have heard of this game before. . and tried t opaly once. It was a demo or just trial or whatever. .I was a ghost or something. .and just going back and forth.. didn't know what i was doing. I didn't really bother to find out what the game is about. .because the graphic is like pokemon.... I was recommanded runescape on one of the forum when i started a topic asking for any free good MMORPG games. I suprised how many people recommanded the game. .what exactly is the point of this game?

My name says it alll. literally looked up runescape hater just because i wanted to spread the news on what im doing.. iI hate runescape so much that im actually gonna try to shut it down or suttin like that.. i wanna get as many as i can to quit start a group or people who also hate the game and spread the news and warn people not to play all over the runescape forums and sites... it may sound crazy but i feel like my purpose in life was to rid most of this game as well as i can without doing anything illegal or wrong.

I am done for now may post more later.

210371[/snapback]

Well plenty of people understand that you dislike Runescape put this should be posted or moved to the vent.

i play it its cool if you do quests going to quit.. after playing it for 2/3 years.. ;) i used to have a runescape website but i got suspended from that host... the community stuff and things around it is alot of fun :) but the playing is getting very boring... so thats why i'm quitting..

Holding my grudge against runescape has gotten old. If u like the game then go ahead waste ur life on it... but if u want my advice if u havent started dont... and if u have stop and if u have been playing then sucks for u

I think Im the only one that likes Runescape :)... Im playing it for about 3 month and have good results in it. I understand thous people who says they hate or dislike runescape but this game is popular because u dont need to download big files to play (that why bad graphics) and you only need good internet to play it... If any people is still playing it please say me your nick so i can meet you in the game.

Holding my grudge against runescape has gotten old.  If u like the game then go ahead waste ur life on it... but if u want my advice if u havent started dont... and if u have stop and if u have been playing then sucks for u

210658[/snapback]

Still sems like you're holding your grudge, though. Whoever said that it isn't compatible ith 56k modems needs to get their facts straight, the lag is caused by your dial-up! Consider getting DSL, it's pretty cheap and ahs TONS of advantages. Secondly, Runescape has AMAZING graphics when you consider that it's browser-based. The fact that it's in full 3d is something that I think ALL other browser MMO's (like AdventureQuest) don't have. For those of you that played RS classic but haven't seen RS2 (the current RS) I'd highly suggest checking it out to see how far this game has come. Plus, a bad game wouldn't have lasted the 6 years RS has!

Still sems like you're holding your grudge, though. Whoever said that it isn't compatible ith 56k modems needs to get their facts straight, the lag is caused by your dial-up! Consider getting DSL, it's pretty cheap and ahs TONS of advantages. Secondly, Runescape has AMAZING graphics when you consider that it's browser-based. The fact that it's in full 3d is something that I think ALL other browser MMO's (like AdventureQuest) don't have. For those of you that played RS classic but haven't seen RS2 (the current RS) I'd highly suggest checking it out to see how far this game has come. Plus, a bad game wouldn't have lasted the 6 years RS has!

lagg has nothin to do with dialup, its ur comps. i have 36k connection and i run the game fine, and i never lagg. i also never play its good if ur bored at work and no1 is looking but other than that its a good game for kids and i think thats about it. but to be fair the members version is very VERY adicting. plus u gotta apreciate the genious of programming a game in java that dosnt look like shiit. i thinks it in java anyway, could be flash? :P

I used to play runescape so much a while ago and then I got a couple new pc games and thought, wow this game really sucks! no just kidding.. I just got really bored of its graphics and bored over the whole game and its combat system and stuff.. All in all a huge waste of time and if your a member even bigger waste of time and money.