xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

Love Can Be Suicide.... be careful

Just a little something about love. When you pledge your love to someone, your heart is in their hands. I had to learn this the hard way. One of my good friends, Dana, was a newbie to love. She had a boyfriend, a loving caring boyfriend named Steven, the best you could ever ask for. Their relationship lasted for quite a while, something like 8 months. Then Steven broke up with her for some reason that I still am not clear about. Anyway, Dana took it hard. and I mean REALLY hard. She didn't come to school for days at a time, and I found her shut up in her room with the curtains drawn, just sobbing and crying. She was quite depressed and she was in an awful mood all the time. Then finally, she did the unthinkable. To put an end to her pain, she got her dad's gun (her dad's a cop), put it up to her head, and pulled the trigger, instantly killing herself. Just a little reminder to take it slow and steady once you find that special someone. :P

Sadly, it happens this way.Sounds like a long-term solution to a short-term problem. I wish it wasn't the case.

Oh my God! that was really sad!I agree people can get depressed after they get ditched by someone they love so much that they can do anything for them. But that was really sad to know that the person who left Dana was not able to figure out..that how much Dana loved him.One of my friend is also going crazy after a girl who has left him...he has now become a drunk man....I am saying drunk man because whenever you'll meet him...you will find him drinking...and that hurts not only him but us(friends & relatives)..so I will suggest that people should think before they do anything...even if they are hurt...because lot of other people love you and get hurt when you are hurt.

People will do stupid things for all sorts of stupid reasons. Killing yourself over an 8 month relationship is sad, but it's just plain selfish. Suicide is the selfish way out, and there's no way around it. Heartless, though I may be, I don't feel sorry for her. I do, however, feel sorry for the family and friends that she put through hell.

Yes, I totally agree to the title. This goes with one of my old post here, about not revealing your feeling unless you really mean it.There are many people in this world, and of course, many opinions and values. One thing may be a game to one person, but for another it may be the source of life.Love may be this one thing.If you ask me, I don't think Dana is guilty. You may say she's selfish, but not everyone's as mentally fortified as you are. Maybe she haven't had enough experience for her to reason out a solution.By no means am I supporting sucide, I am just saying that it's not her fault. As a matter of fact, it may be noone's fault at all.Everyone of us is a human being. None of us is superior enough to be the judge and decide's whose fault it is. Sometimes, life's life.However, it's sad to think that Steven, after 8 months, did not know how mentally unstable Dana was. And... if he knew, why broke up so abruptly. I don't think anyone's love life is as important as requiring to throw away someone else's love at a minute's notice.Before confessing one's love, make sure you understand the possible commitment. You never know how the one you are confessing to really is.Always think before actions. You may be able to handle consequences of rash actions, but others may not. Perception can only go so far.

damn, that really is a wastelove, being one of the strongest emotions one can feel, means that it can do so much to someone. if it doesn't work out as planned, working out for worst, you find that you have put so much of yourself on the line, just to have it crushed. if you don't handle it well, it destroys you, and leads you to do things that you would never do without thinking about the consequences.

well, i hope i wouldn't go as far as killing myself because someone left me. i haven't had any experiences like that but i guess she really did love the guy with all her heart. but i think what lacked in this situation is guidance from her parents. i can't believe a father would just leave his gun all around the house for other people to have access to it. yeah i know it can be used for self defense, but a gun is a gun, it's harmful in many ways than one. and the mom, where's the mom? poor kid, she had to suffer on her own, without the parents to lean on to.but i think the whole moral (for a lack of a better term) of the story is that if you're going to go on a relationship, try to leave some dignity for yourself. yeah, love is all about giving/sacrificing a part of you to that special someone, but it doesn't mean you have to give everything you have. try saving some for yourself, so just in case something like this happens, you won't be regretting everything.love will hurt, but you should be ready for it just in case.

That is exceptionally sad. Isn't it weird though, how when you are not in love, you may feel a little lonely but I doubt that you would resolve to killing yourself. However when your true love dumps you and totally forgets about you, it really hurts a lot.I think the best way to go into a relationship, is to make sure it really is a serious one where you will devote yourself to your partener and not to commit adultry or run off with another woman/man.Love can be heaven but love can be hell.

Edited by John Foreman (see edit history)

Just a little something about love. When you pledge your love to someone, your heart is in their hands. I had to learn this the hard way. One of my good friends, Dana, was a newbie to love. She had a boyfriend, a loving caring boyfriend named Steven, the best you could ever ask for. Their relationship lasted for quite a while, something like 8 months. Then Steven broke up with her for some reason that I still am not clear about. Anyway, Dana took it hard. and I mean REALLY hard. She didn't come to school for days at a time, and I found her shut up in her room with the curtains drawn, just sobbing and crying. She was quite depressed and she was in an awful mood all the time. Then finally, she did the unthinkable. To put an end to her pain, she got her dad's gun (her dad's a cop), put it up to her head, and pulled the trigger, instantly killing herself.
Just a little reminder to take it slow and steady once you find that special someone.

:angry:

Just imagine all the people who are feeling guilt by this, Her Ex-BF who was the cause (I know that if you cant continue with someone, then you have to end it. But if your both fully in love then there shouldnt be any need. A very debatable topic!), im sure he had learnt a very valueable lesson, and its sad he had to learn it in such a way. Her father who now spends his days imagining 'What if i wasn't a cop? :angry: , Would she still be here today?'. Her closet friends who think the worst cause they might of been able to help her. Its Sad, and all because of Love... I hope Steven found out, just how much she loved him, my guess he will never meet another girl like that again. I could also imagine the anger going around the school/group of friends at that point in time.

I've had three friends in that situiation, and im still trying to figure what i could have done to help them, but i reliesed that the only way you can help, is always being by there side when they need it. People who say they just need some time alone, there is sometimes alittle too much alone time which only allows the person to fall deeper into depression, find out whats making them sad, and directly counter act it.

Im Sorry for your Loss, its one of the hardest things to deal with...
Edited by tuddy (see edit history)

...that is sad.. Seems like people are venting on this 'Steven', but really.. you gotta stick up for the guy, I can't imagine he wanted it to end like this. And if you're not in love with someone any longer, you really need to break up... dragging it out isn't a good answer. I imagine he'd feel horrible, just like everyone else involved.. so...Oh well.. take care, everyone. It's great to love someone with your whole heart, but once it's over... don't let someone else's actions be more important than your life. There can't ever be anyone worth killing yourself over.

That?s so sad!! poor dana! :lol::lol: she must be really sad for making something like that. but in a strange way, i understand her. sometimes, we like so much a person that when we think we gonna be without her, we just wanna cry and we think that the world it?s about to crash down.i have a beautifull girlfriend and if she broke up with me, i don't know what i'm gonna do. we spent so much time together and we are so happy, that i hope we never borke up. specially cause we made many plans for our life.but i feel much sorry for dana and her family. maybe she needed more support,i don't know. in a selfish way, she thought it would be more easy. well, maybe it was to her, but not for her family and her friends. and what happened to her ex boyfriend? i don't know, but i think that the poor guy must blaims himself.

love is not a thing to play so be careful before you propose to anyone . if you can't fulfill the thing that we have promised then i think not need take any kind of promises. remember LOVE is to make relation not to break if you divert from this you may face the trouble.

Very sad. I have opened my heart and made it vulnerable, only to have it stepped on and stabbed. I guess I am used to it.. because all you can keep doing is trying to offer your love to the person who will appreciate it and accept it. I was rejected hard by someone I was in love with.. not rejected outright - in fact, we did date for a while, but perhaps she just didn't feel the same for me. Took me a long time to get over her. In fact, I moved to another country for a while (not because of her), but it seems that distance will heal any kind of pain, especially the pain of love. I still talk to her from time to time, but I've ignored her for the past month or two simply to let anything I felt towards her die. While she will always have my heart and my love, she cannot and will not end my life. Sometimes in life, there are connections and sometimes there isn't. If there is, than one can only hope it grows strong. And if it isn't.. one can only hope that a new connection is made eventually, a stronger and better one, perhaps.