xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

Bravenet.com excellent site

Bravenet.com is one of the greatest sites I have ever stumbled upon! It offers a multitude of webtools which are completely customizable, along with hosting. The free hosting isnt that great, though. Annoying banner ads, 20 megs, and really generic layouts. Recommended for beginner webmasters though.

Ahh bravenet. It was ok when I first started making sites. That was when I had no idea what I was doing and I needed a site. I hate the free hosting with the banners and all that stuff. They keep emailing me though which gets annoying. I have unsubscribed to their emails and even deleted my accounts but nooo, they keep emailing me. I think they are ok for someone that is new to sitemaking and have no money but other than that I don't think it is so good.

I agree. I had a Bravenet account and website when I started on the path towards having such a site, but I found that things were a bit complicated, and that webmasters/webmistresses weren't really allowed to exercise their creativity in terms of layout and skins, and also templates. Most of the templates that looked really good were only for those people willing to have a Premium account with Bravenet, which in turn wasn't free. So overall, I found it OK.Best,Xuan.

I use to use Bravenet in the days when I had just received a computer and toying around finding out things. It was a good experiemental website. It was from there I learned what was an email form and all that. I like how they provide you with tools to get your website started. The page you get however had ads on it which was annoying. I didn't know it was annoying until I found out it makes your page ugly. Creating an account was fast and simple. It was almost like a Xisto hosting but without all the bits and bytes. It was like a cheap version of Xisto even though Xisto is free. lol. If you know what I mean. Overall bunch of tools and stuff. Good for newbies if you shall.

I used to use Bravenet's hosting service a few years back. Although they have some nifty tools, the ads on the webpages were a bit much for me (like everyone else who used it as well). ...and yes, I still get the update mail from time to time. It's a good service for beginners, but there are better options out there.