xisto Community
semeticsister

My Teacher Is Wrong Complain about teachers here

Here is some background info:My english teacher is a german canadian christian.I am a russian jew who immigrated here 10 years ago.So anyway, I am talking to my friend Drew about how I am gonna be on vacation for winter break, right? Then my teacher interjects and says "i think it should be called christmas break because we are breaking for christmas, not hanukkah (looks at me) or Kwaanza (looks at some black kid in my class) because we are breaking for christmas which is the most important holiday"What an <<removed>>!!!! I just want to punch him in his fat ugly canadian face. I hope he chokes on his morning cup of joe, eh? :P

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
We all can see the problem with this teacher but no need to use foul language in our forum to bypass the censor. Editing title as well.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Just to float few of my points here: By you calling him/her "fat Canadian" are you not also being prejudice? You are singling out that it's Canadian verses Russian. I believe your rant should be focused on why he/she was singling and referring to people as though each holiday celebrations were only observed by each student? I mean it could be that your teacher didn't want to offend anyone by leaving out the proper cultural holiday names. I know a Jewish kid that celebrates Christmas. And a white South African family who celebrates Kwaanza. And look at it this way, your teacher probably have something to prove--prove his condolences. He/she is a German addressing an African and a Russian (who happens to be Jewish also). I would be mortified to face you if I was a German, given the past history. Right?Give some room for understanding and give that teacher of yours a chance. Sometimes people mean the right thing but it comes out all wrong. And perhaps there's more tension between you two that you immediately mistook his well intension... I am not defending anyone. But we need more room for understanding if we're to beat any animosity between races, creeds and/or social class.

i realy agree with you about punching him/her in the face...i mean comeone you are teacher rasist :P how would that afect on lots of kids... if i was in your place i would probobly go to the principle and tell him all about that thing... so teacher will going to hate you more then ever ( nah.. not so bad, you can allways hate him more :P ) or he would hate you but you will have the best marks and noone will know that he dont likes you :D Just few days ago we got new teacher from Philozophy ( i just bought her a drink in disco :D ) and she is the biggest rasist in town....At first class she sad that Juda ( the guy that sold Jesus ) was a gipsy :( And then she sad that last Philozophy profesor was bad guy becouse he was an Bulgarian... and we sad like .. so wath if he is Bulgarian... and she's like : :So you wont to say to me that Bulgars are good people." :( I couldnt belive :( So after some classes we sad our Profesor of math all about that and she sad tath she cant do anything and that she and her colegues are a little a scared of this new profesor... :P *darn*... i hate my country !

Well you teacher is right we are breaking for Chritmas but if he is making racist remarks you can sew them and that is the altumete revenge. ANd i am russian too and i never met anyone who is Russian Jewish thats cool that you are Russian and Jewsish :P my teacher is Jewish and she gave us a lexture about the Jewish colture and she got sewed bc she is not spoosed to give lextures in math about religon and I liked it but at the end she made a remark saying that Jews are better than Christians and that really made me angry. Well she got fiered and all the kids in class(christians) stared cussing at her and it was really not right i actually enjoyed to find out about Jewish people but when she said what her culture is better that others it made me think.....

I agree with BuffaloHELP, I understand how you could be upset, but not having heard the tone used I'd say it could be a take at not trying to upset you. That being said if this was said as an insult, or even a personal opinion gone to far, you might want to tell someone of authority, say the principal. Now if you could do it all again, and (just in case it backfired) didn't have anything to do over winter break, you could have told him, "Okay if Hanukkah isn't important, then I will be here on December 25th, and I expect you to be here to teach me, that's your job!" And as far as getting in trouble for talking back, oh well, just threaten to sue the school, people have been sued for religious discrimination, especially coming from a figure of authority.Also by fat ugly Canadian face I hope you mean that his face is fat and ugly, and by chance he just happens to be Canadian, because just as you were told that Hanukkah is less important, and that upset you, being told that Canadians are all fat and ugly upsets me.

Argh! That's so mean!!! I don't celebrate christmas, and I certainly don't think it's the most importatnt hoilday ever. But if I thought otherwise, I wouldn't say it out loud. That's totally offensive! How rude!!! Getting pretty angry because I don't celebrate christmas, really. It's called winter break on the caledars, not Chirstmas break. If it was, we wouldn't be getting 11 days off from school. Jeez. Not saying I hate christmas or anything like that.

IMHO moldboy and buffalo are wrong. I mean come on, the teacher blatantly butt into a conversation (which he/she weren't part of) between two friends and then started to single out two students who didn't celebrate christmass. It seems like this teacher had made it their job to annoy you but then again maybe they didn't mean it or it came out wrong. Or maybe they are genuingly predjudice.I'm sure you know by now that nowhere where in the world you go or whatever race/colour/religion you are there is always someone that seems to hate you based on those criteria, even though they don't even know you.

"The most important holiday?" Now that's not a bigoted remark (N.B. exponential sarcasm). Your teacher only seems to make matters worse when he singles both you and the other out. Have you told him you were offended?Although it is probably true that the American Public School system was designed to break exclusively for Christmas, seeing as how the majority of Americans are, or at least were, Christians at the time of its establishment. There is no need however for him, as it seems to have effected, attack you. If you are indeed attending American Public School, I don't think he's even allowed to say that. As much as I hate having to analyse everything that escapes my lips anymore to make sure that it's politically correct in today's society, your situation seems to have crossed the line. If you haven't already, I would confront him about this.

Ugh!People like that make me so sick to my stomach..I know a few racist people who deny they're racist no matter what!A few people in my class are racist,they make fun of the fact that I'm part asianand they'll make fun of every race but themselves to no end..But on wanting to punch your teacher in the face I have to wholeheartedly agreeon that but..teachers are very..evil.Do one tiny little thing wrong and they're write you up or or get you into some trouble as much as they can..My teacher's like that anyways =_=;

i can totaly relate, my spanish teacher is a complete *bottom*.. every five minutes he is telling everyone in the class that we are all mules and are never going to suceed in life because were never going to learn spanish..A of course were not going to learn spanish because you keep ranting on about how we are all mules and never going to suceed in life..andB ohh! wow! were all going to die if we do not learn spanish.. its not like our life is going to depend on it... we are in america...if we are in a situation to where we have to speak spanish it is not us who is obligated to learn it and speak their language it is them who is obligated to speak our langauge.. but thats besides the pointanother thing that is wrong..is he wants us to spean FLUIENT english..but he cant even speak it fluently himself.he has to think of practicly every word before he says it as in.. he would say i drink coke... but he would say Bebo umm una ok umm cocacola...he does need to be fired though i swearthe whole school hates him..and lets not get started on my computer teacherthe other month, he gave us a project, we had to buy a million dollars worth of things..and i had gotten it all done..but then he looks over it and tells me..why have you spent more than 100,000 $ in one category.. and i wil say because we can... and he said no you cant..i told you not to spend more than 100,000 $ in more than one category the *bottom* changed the basis..and apparently he also said we cannot buy more than three things at the same plece...he never told us that before either..so you can say i am glad i am getting out of his class in a week!!

I know that's a long time ago but I just had to jump in and say that his remarks were not racist, but bigot and discriminating. To which 'race' did he refer, if there ever was something like that, which IS NOT? He talked about religious tradition in a, to make my point very clear, not a very smart but extremely offensive way. But racism this is not, please note that there are no sub- races in the human race (doesn't anybody read their sociology books?)-Debbie

An arrogant and mean ESL college teacher

My Teacher Is Wrong

2/27/08

Teacher asked the class their opinion about enemies. He said he's is not a Christian, but that Jesus, Buddhism,''', and...(his name) said 'people should love their enemies'.

I shook my head no, and he asked me 'don't you love your enemy?'

I said 'no I don't love my enemy'.

Then he said, 'how can you not love your enemy'

I said 'If their my enemy how can I love them'

Then he asked about all people, and said to me 'that people should love their enemy'

I said 'I was just saying about myself, not all people, not the entire world. I said this is just how I felt only, and I was not referring to how I thought everyone should feel about their enemies'

Then he made references to IRAQ, and said 'if we hate our enemy we will go to war with them, and tell everyone to hate them and then war will never end.'

I said 'I don't agree with the IRAQ war either, but if someone is my enemy I'm not going to go fight with them, I will just ignore them.'

He said 'if I'm your enemy you going to ignore me?' Then he started pointing his finger at me in a threatening way, and raised his voice in a loud way saying 'you are a bad, bad, bad person, that you don't love your enemy'. I felt so bad with him pointing his finger at me in front of the entire class, and telling me I was a bad, bad, bad person. How can I be such a bad person saying this. Now I feel the other students at the school will not want to talk to me because he made me look bad in front of the class. All the class just got real quiet and looked at me. I feel like I'm a bad person now, and I don't want to go to this class anymore.

Then when I tried to explain, he pointed at me and said 'zip, zip, zip, zip your mouth young lady, I am a teacher.' I said 'just because you are a teacher doesn't mean your correct about everything'. He would not give me a chance to explain and kept talking over me when I would try to explain. Of course, his English is better than mine, so he can talk much faster and use big words to threaten me. I was scared because he was getting mad at me.

If would have given me a chance to finish and speak, I was going to tell him that even though I don't love my enemy, I could one day love them or be the best friend with them. No one knows, since things change all the time.

Then he said 'if somebody comes and ask for food from you and they are from a country you do not like, are you not going to help them?'

I have nothing to say because his example is so wide and not my point about just me loving or not loving your enemy. I said 'maybe you don't understand me because my English is very poor'. He said 'I understand what you said'

He also said 'if someone asks you about how's your neighbor, are your going to say you don't care about them too?' I think to myself, what does this suppose to mean? This has nothing to do with me loving or not loving my enemies.

When I tried to explain again he walked to his desk and signaled for me to be quiet and listen to him.

At the end of the class he told everyone to 'do their homework'. Then in front of the whole class he told me that 'you don't love your enemy and your whole life will be like this, CONGRAJULATIONS'. He say this real loud so everyone can hear him.

I said to him you are a 'hard head'

This teacher hurt my feelings so bad. I think to myself, how can he be a teacher? He was mean, arrogant and was not willing to open his mind and accept the opinion of others. He asked for our opinion, then when you try to give your opinion he tells you that you're a bad, bad, bad person, and then tries to make you look bad in front of the entire class. No one wants to participate with this kind of teacher.

-reply by Chothiorn

My teacher is stupid and I hate her sooooo I much! even worse I am so mad at her I cannot sleep and I am up posting this just to try and vent my anger because all other normal people who I could talk to are sleeping and not up being furious at their idiot teacher. Basically she missed an entire section of my paper and then marked me 10% off for it and now I have a lower grade in the class for it. And she is rude and acts like I'm just trying to get her to raise my grade for nothing when in fact I spent time writing the part of the paper she said is missing! I wouldn't be surprised if she ripped out that page of my paper just so she doesn't have to change my grade. -reply by Liyla

The "F" Word

My Teacher Is Wrong

My small group teacher has used the "F" word on several occasions for the past 2 years. She thinks she is so cool. None of the other kids have said anything about it, so they must think so too. I told my mom in a conversation that just came out and she anonymously called the school to let them know. I'm now afraid that someone will find out it's me and not like me for coming forward. The teacher has been fired. I may only be 15 but I know this isn't right.

-reply by SuzieQ