xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dontmaimyourself

Google Talk Online http://gtalkr.com

Well its finally happened someones gone and created a web based interface for Google Talk, to try it out visit gtalkr.com, it has all of the great features of Google Talk (apart from voip, or at least I can't find it) and a few new ones such as the searching and labels system from Gmail to search through old chat logs, it even has display pictures and lists new gmail messeges, so anyway the only real way to get a feel for the service is to try it for yourself.

PS they have reported server troubles but I am yet to experience any, just in case you can't connect I did warn you.

Update: Link no longer works, as Google have purchased this company (I think)

Edited by dontmaimyourself (see edit history)

the only thing i don't like is that rotation thing its to mouse sensitive when your try to rotate it.

Wow, thanks a lot for the site and link! This is sure going to be useful to some of our members here. I am sure that I will be using this sometime in the near future. Thanks a lot for the helpful information and I hope to see more posts like this one in the near future!

there's high traffic on it as it says on the site. I can't login. It looks nice so far. the clear white clean design. I like it already.. hey i just got in. its cool. i like the flickr photos part.

Ohh.. that's useful. I like it, it looks good and it has some nice features. The YouTube explorer is cool. The only thing is that I only have about 3 contacts on Gmail Talk lol! I just saw that at the bottom it says it is not affiliated with Google. Oh well it's cool anyways :huh:

This web-based app doesn't seem to be very stable, as I'm unable to connect (though it was able to tell me that the password was incorrect the first time, the second time I tried logging in it said there was a connection issue, and I never got it working...), and I don't really see the point of this since it is already included in GMail now. Not to mention that, once in gmail, there is a much smaller chance of losing a connection or something than going through a third party. And also, you always feel more secure when connecting right to google instead of you --> third party --> gtalk --> third party --> you...

It's okay to have a web-based version of Google Talk, which many claimed to be much better than the orginal client version from Google. The think about this service is that it goes through a 3rd party company or server, which like matto commented, is insecure. Furthermore, the service, as stated on the full-flashed webpage, is not affiliated with Google. However, the site has added strong point of having SSL v3.0 128 bit ARC4 (1024 bit RSA/SHA) encryption. So it's a matter whether or not we should use the service and trust that our data will not be leaked in any way, voice or text messages. The service now includes instant messaging, hence we assume that text is also encrypted.Anyway, the point is that it goes through a non-Google server, that made us to think twice before entering our userID and password in it.

Infact , Google Talk Online is a perfect messenger in my opinion . Now every feature provided by Goggle is awsome :lol: . The best features about this is that is So simple , have very friendly interface , very fast . In simple words again a perfect thing is provided by the Google to enjoy <_<

i can not use google talk when i try to login with my google account after 30 Sec tell me connection failed :rolleyes: i try with an other isp but i can not login what is problem , if i must change config tell me to do that !i have low speed internet connection but at first time i login at my google talk but now i can not plz help me and post your comment aboyt my problem .! :lol: thanks

I tried this service and is not working...on presentation they had told that this program will be absolutely free but it isnt.After 3 minutes you can tolk.need credits thats is a money and if you dont have a credits goggle will take from the person witch you talking.So they are lieing! Someone tried this to told me ?

Edited by donneo (see edit history)