xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shengeta

Xbox 360 Crashes

It has been heard of that the Xbox 360 has been freezing and displaying bugs for some peepl. Note that this isnt widespread, but it has happened enough to hit the news and the papers. Some peepl were really angry because they waited hours and hours in the freezing weather before getting their Xbox on the day it released and the system crashed on them, stinks to be them. wait let me find an article on it...

k

and

and

and

and

and

and 100 more sites with similar news.

but it isnt an epidemic yet so dont go crazy about it.

hm i dont have a console at all so i dont really care. herss something to think about for people who do care.

i read somehwere on torrentspy that the xbox 360 was costing around $120 more to produce than what they are selling it for. but i just think some company doing the statistics wanted to seem important. what do you guys think about that?

Link: http://www.twistedpolygon.net/50/50

Yeah i've heard of this... Microsoft is giving free repairs so all you have to do is send it in. Some weid manufactoring bug or something. If it is still messed up after 'repeaired' then just get a refund and buy an new one?

I read in some websites it might have to do with overheating and if that is true the problem won't stop after a few days of playing but will keep poping up over time. It definatly scared me enough to wait buying a xbox till it gets resolved.

well I'll tell you one thing, they said that it would be a miracle if a system was mass produced and just came out without problems. probably will happen with ps3 and revolution as well. I'll tell you another thing, it is said that the companies do this on purpose just to make more money. well I tell you one last thing, this is a hell of alot better than wut happened when they released the first xbox remember that? the systems had to do a total recall because they forgot the heating system? crazy... also the system was like 500 dollars around that time in my area. and to the price guy, yea they are losing money for sales but microsoft is thinking about the longrun, look at ps3, it's gonna b around 460 dollars because they arent gonna wana lose the money... microsoft is thinking smart. but you know wut will happen eventually in the longrun, they will come out to be around the same price and revolution might be a tad cheaper if nintendo can still afford that.

LOL...talk about that having a total recall.....im sure almost all consoles have had their expeirience in that weither only a few (that it wasnt reported) or just ignored at the time..i remeber the NES..quite alot of them had errors in starting on the first batches because of the Power supply unit had somthing wrong with it. :P

This goes to show you not to buy something when it first comes out. This isn't the only product that has problems when it first comes out. It is like the Nano. I would wait for the price to go down anyway because you will get the same thing for cheaper if you just wait a little longer. Once the PS3 comesout I gurantee that the price will go down to make people buy more of them instead of the play station and to me it isn't a bad idea. I might just buy an Xbox when play station comes out cause it will be pretty cheap. :P

No it wasn't my xbox, because guess what? I don't even own one. and it isn't everyones xbox just some. I didn't make this post to ask for someone on advice on how to repair my xbox, i don't even own the first one. but still, whoever has one like this was pretty unlucky because it is kind of rare.

No actually it is not BS because if it was BS it wouldnt be all over the news online and on tv. Also I know some people it happened to, and there is a couple people online I know that it happened to. and I don't know if you actualy read above or not, it DID NOT HAPPEN TO EVERYONE!! It only happened on a small handful of 360 systems i didnt say everyone got it. So your saying it was made up by ps3 fans? Wow that is funny lol... Bill Gates is a ps3 fan? Because even he said it himself and explaines what to do if it happened to you. It is a glitch in some 360 systems.

haha this is just proof of my theory - the xbox 360 sucks and microsoft cant produce good consoles. that is why i will always stick with sony and the playstation.i know other systems have crashed e.g the ps2 as i have had mine crashed and had to buy a new one but this was after at least a year and intense playing everyday so i cannot complain. plus it had be banged about a lot in fustration lol.hope the ps3 is good and will not have problems so the xbox fans cant have a go at playstation. :)

one of the other topics talks about the ps3 being held back a year. If this is true it most likey is because they have alot of bugs in their system as well and they need to get rid of them, if so, go ahead and put it back a year fine with me.

Be careful. According to this article, Microsoft has recalled over 14 million power cords because it has been shown that they pose a fire hazard. Thirty people have already had property damage and/or personal injury due to fires started by faulty Xbox 360 power cords.

It's kind of sad that Microsoft can't even produce good power cords in the first try.

well i'd say that the power cords would be produced by some random company that gave microsoft the best price. also my xbox (original, most recent model) has had errors and crashes, i've seen it a lot more on ps2s, hell i remember back with the NES ans SNES never having any crashes or problems unless you actually kicked the machine and moved the cartridge. people are always wanting more and more from their consoles/pcs and they are getting it, with more and more bugs to go with them. if only we could return to the good old days....