xisto Community
baseballkid782

Gmail Space Is it enough?

Do you think Gmail provides enough space?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where there is a will, there is always a way. You know that there will be someone out in the world will find a way to fill up all thier space on GMail, that way we can sit back and think, what a sad life they have. :P:PGMail can still be used for hosting, you just got to know how to dodge the system. ie. Your file could be sent to you as an attahment. There is some code around that can do it somewhere. GMail have got a good little service!

Gmail can give you 1terabyte of space... but you will never use it. Gmail will ban you if you try to upload some realy big files and then use it like hostin...

If you login in 10min with 3 diferent IP it will block your account for some time. So there is no chance to spend all that space.

So they offer more than thay have... you think that they have 2000mb for each user :P nope...

some users have 0% used some 2, 3, even 50% but noone have all used. I think you get the point.

And what do you people get as an atach in mail ? Games ? movie ?

mail is not P2P :P

209650[/snapback]

yeah.. i agree with you, there is no way they could afford to have that much space. There are so many people have gmail out there. Let say.. around 1,000,000.. so. .it's 2.6 x 10 ^ 6. so it will be 26,000,000 gb

one terabyte is 1000 gb right?

so that will be 26, 000 terabyte. <---- a 250gb hdd is about 100 something ... even if they have a special deal on hdd.. .and reduce it to ... $30-60.. .that's still alot..

of course.. this is so far just a beta version, there will be more when it is released to the public.

GMail? Not enough space?It' like some guy standing with a freind in a giant warehouse.... with only two boxes in it, and saying;Guy 1 : "I Think I need more storage space-space-space-spa..."Guy 2 : "Yes, it is quite crowded-owded-owded-owde..."Guy 1 : "*darn*, those free warehouse providers are stingy these days-ays-ays..."

I've had gmail since probably a month after it started. I'm an email packrat, I've got big files and attactments saved. And I write to myself a lot as well, kind of like a journal. I don't think I am even using 2% of my space.I remember back when I first got hotmail and yahoo, there was a tiny amount of space, like 2mb or something.I'd still pick gmail over any of the others even if they only offered one tenth of the space they are offering now. I like the 'labels instead of folders' feature and the layout better than the others.

Well this is for topic starter...Gmail never promised or has given 300 GB to any user..the reason why I am saying this is that I am big Google fan (I am sure I am not the only one :))and I keep an eye on each and every new service they launch. And I've been keeping an eye on GMAIL as well and FYI they gave 1 GB in the starting when they launched this service and I was lucky enough to get its invitation in the 1st month of their launch and on the first anniversary they started giving more space and which is still increasing.Now I will have to agree to "SqlByte" that they can give you 1 terabyte of space but no one will be able to use that much..infact as you must be noticing that most of the people are happy with the space they are giving right now and most of them have not used more than 10-20%...so it hardly makes a difference to what they were offering earlier and what they are offering now.

Yeah i serious doubt i will ever need more that the 1gig they first offered when i joined GMail let alone 2.6 gig that they now have. Like seriously, how much email do you all get? I know that people us GMail to store files but if thats what you wnat the space for there are better places to get file storage. Overall, i love gmail and it works amazingly and i never will need all the space they offer us.

I had gmail a few months later after it first came out. My email goes all over the place, since I email my work and uni stuff from my work/university accounts to my gmail account. Even that, in addition to the personal emails, funnies from friends and all... It only takes up about 1% of space on my gmail account.From my experience with Hotmail, I've got it in the same year it started. From memory, iirc the overall space was generous around the 5mb-10mb range before Microsoft took over, then after that the service over there started going downhill with the space on hotmail accounts being reduced to 2mb the obvious example.Its good to see that gmail's arrival has woken up the competitors. Seeing that today, competitors are tinkering around with the services; for example Yahoo's tinkering of their e-mail interface. I wouldnt be suprised if premium email is going to be offered for free (or close to free). To conclude, I'll definitely be sticking with g-mail for a long time, especially with the useful search functions (rather than going back page by page).

GMail offer extreamy much space, i was more then happy when i got invitied by a friend, now evryone that just GoogleIT can get a free Gmail account from sites, i wonder how manny Servers they got to offer us all that space, think on all the programming they had to do to create the clients, and all.All i want to say is Thank you Google! and Gmail!~ Arne-Christian

Gmail is goving out a status qup. Soon. Everyone is going to start giving out 2+ Gb's of free space, itll be the global standard because everything we send is going to be in a media format. Though Everyony but google is pissing people off for email. I dont even check my email for two months, and then I go and OH MY GOSH its still open, with room to spare. I dunno if Ill ever use a diff. provider.

If GMail doesn't offer enough, then who does? THe average person only uses about 25mb, unless they were receiving attachments, or using it as a file server.

for me gmail space is more than i need. :D i use 100mb of my 2700mb main account. :D but i also use more 5 accounts with ~150mb each. :P:D:) if you think 2700mb is not much, so register fast in http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, and you get 30gb of space. :D 30gigs.com only accept registrations until 3/30/2006 so go fast! :D and if you lost the registration time, pm me. i have 6 invitations. :P

GMail space is Increasing with Time. As the GMail users start filling up their GMail Space Google has to maintain free disk space and have sufficecient bandwith to access the contents.