xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
therequiemgirls

New Messenger Virus & Hoaxes!

well it's starting to look like this virus is going around almost all the common messengers. (ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, AIM, the works)It says: "Hey can you rate my picture?" with a link to a blank site.Well dont click. It's blank because the virus is on it. Believe me. I had it. and it kills your comp.

well it's starting to look like this virus is going around almost all the common messengers. (ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, AIM, the works)

It says: "Hey can you rate my picture?" with a link to a blank site.

Well dont click. It's blank because the virus is on it. Believe me. I had it. and it kills your comp.

209400[/snapback]

-- hoax provider McAfee .com -

The AOL4FREE "virus" which is described as below is a hoax. However since the emergence of the virus hoax, a Trojan Horse using the file-name in the hoax message has been reported. This underscores the importance of treating any unexpected file attachments with caution, rather than relying on specific file-names to "identify" suspicious files.

This email message is just a HOAX, currently we know of no other message that the user will receive about the HOAX as the initial email states. AVERT has not received any report of a user's hard drive being erased for opening the email.

We are advising users who receive the email to delete it and DO NOT pass it on as this is how an email HOAX propagates.

The EMAIL that tells this!:

A few hours ago, someone opened an E-mail that had the subject heading of "AOL4FREE.COM".

Within seconds of opening it, a window appeared and began to display all his files that were being deleted. He immediately shut down his computer, but it was too late. This virus wiped him out. It ate the Anti-Virus Software that comes with the Windows '95 Program along with F-Prot AVS. Neither was able to detect it.

Please be careful and send this to as many people as possible, so maybe this new virus can be eliminated.

DON'T OPEN E-MAIL NOTING "AOL4FREE"

VIRUS ALERT!!!

Be aware that there are letters going around that you have won free Aol until 1998....or AOL 4 free...... PLEASE DELETE...... contains a virus that will wipe out your harddrive...... after you download and it executes.....

SUBJECT AREA OF EMAIL....... CONGRATULATIONS! You are a WINNER!

SUBJECT AREA OF EMAIL.......AOL 4 Free - Get AOL For Free

SENDERS................................Matthews27 or VPVVPPVVP

WARN YOUR FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notice from jlhaslip:
Cut and Paste Spam from here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Warning issued.

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

Yeah, unfortunately I got infected by this a few weeks ago...it was destroying my computer too. Or at least thats what it looks like it was doing. It was restoring all my things to its default settings. Such as, background wallpaper, location of a few of my files, some programs which require personal settings, etc.

why is is that everyone is getting the good stuff, meh well i guess my computer is to smart for them. but again about 90% messages are from bots who would be smart enough to answer them.