xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wow

Java Ide Which do you like the best

I have Jcreator pro installed,and have been able to find myself around in it ok so far I have done the hello world program,and compiled,and ran it.What java IDE are you guys using or which do you like the best,and why?

I like jGrasp in Windows and jEdit in Linux. Both are free and easy to use. Both can be used to edit for other programming languages as well.

I used Borland's JBuilder for a couple of years and I liked it a lot. I tried moving the system to Sun's SunOne Java IDE but it did not work well. I also tried moving the system to BEA Weblogic's Workbench Java IDE and that did not work to well either. I did follow the tutorials in both IDEs and they were good. I also ran two IDEs at the same time and had processes in each IDE sending messages to a process in the other IDE. Bea's Workbench was free but slow. Sun's was $500. Jbuilder was the best. I use Eclipse IDE right now because it is free but I still have a lot to learn about the IDE.

I use an IDE called bluej. I find this simple to use. I don't know the exact website address for it, but google should be able to help anyway!On this IDE, You can actually run applets from one of the integrated plugins.I've also used eclipse and netbeans, although found these hard to use.Hope this helps.

And I use Eclipse. It looks like everyone of us is using something totally different :D. I like Eclipse for it hge support for programmer. Here you can find:- really good refactor utility- look into object hierarchy down and up- hot code replacement during debuging - cool stuff one can run the program make a change in source, save the source, and the same running program will use new code :P, good with huge projects where it takes some time to run an application.- code completion like ms inteli sense :D- automatically managed imports- integrated cvsThose are features that I like the most. Eclipse is a project of IBM, it is free for comercial use too. There are many developers contributing in this project, so there are manyplugins available. You can find support for other languages, spellchecking and moretry it out: http://www.eclipse.org/, o and it is 100% pure java so one can run it on linux and windows as well. No installation needed, just decompress and use :)