xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
atm

Web Design Software

I currently Considering to buy a web design software but im realy confused on wich one to getmy main choices are frontpage and dreamweaver can you please tell me wich one is better or if there is a better one then tose twothanks :P

If you must go with a WYSIWYG editor, I'd suggest using Dreamweaver. I think it is far superior to Frontpage in that it doesn't add anywhere near as much 'junk code' as Frontpage. However, if you want to learn how to actually code a webpage I'd suggest using a text based editor. If you do decide to try a text based editor, I'd recommend Alleycode, https://alleycode.com/, it's free and it has quite a few nice features that you don't often find in free software.

Good luck. :P

I have used both FrontPage and Dreamweaver. Both have their ups and downs. Dreamweaver is generally considered more 'professional' as it adds things like the W3C Doc Type and does other stuff to make websites compliant with standards. FrontPage is regarded as easier to use and more of a starter package.I would suggest Dreamweaver, as it suits both designers and coders. The 'auto complete' feature is much more reliable and useful than FrontPage's and I generally feel more comfortable working with it. Ultimately it is personal perference.

I like to code the majority of the code on notepad (Really good btw)Sometimes, I also use Dreamweaver's handy "preview + code edit" feature which alows you to highlight a part of your page as seen by the viewer (image) and it highlights it in the code for you...I use DW MX 2004 but DM 8 is also good...I think they're almost the same anyway?

I personally would recommend NVU which I believe can be downloaded at http://www.nvu.com/ this program is free. It is a very high quality program. All the pages I have made with it have validated and the code looks pretty good as far as them putting the program in the meta tags like Frontpage does.

I currently Considering to buy a  web design software but im realy confused on wich one to get

my main choices are frontpage and dreamweaver

can you please tell me wich one is better or if there is a better one then tose two

209037[/snapback]

I love dreamweaver. Its easy to figure out. I didn't know how to use it at first but i figured it out pretty quickly. The whole design of the software is made simple. I don't know very much about frontpage but I do have dreamweaver and I have used it to edit my friends bands website. It was easy to create the website because when you start a new site on dreamweaver you can upload files to the server. You can view the site and type text in where you want it. It also has a code helping tool. When you type <hr a list will pop up with adjustments to the horizontal rule. Also when you type a tag in the editor it autimatically adds a closing tag. You can also use flash videos in it. I use it often. You can choose to make as many sites as you can.

Definetaly use Dreamweaver. I have it and I love it. It is really use and you need to know very little HMTL to use it. I made my current website with it, and I will continue to make websites with it. It is a very versatile tool.

If you care more about content than design, check out NetObjects Fusion. I used version 7, which had some pretty nifty stuff in it, and the new version 9 defenitely has more. Beware: if you have a tiny hard rive (like the 4 GB one in my old computer), consider upgrading, or get a new computer altogether while you're at it.

I currently Considering to buy a  web design software but im realy confused on wich one to get

my main choices are frontpage and dreamweaver

can you please tell me wich one is better or if there is a better one then tose two

thanks ;)

209037[/snapback]

i would use dreamwever its much much better than frontpage and u can intergrate more

I definately would use Frontpage. Why? The HTML it produces is not proper HTML. So, if you want to try and learn HTML well, you would have to read tutorials and take time to practice, unlike dreamweaver where you can read the HTML it makes and from there be able to teach yourself, which I always find useful.

I started using Frontpage as WYSIWYG program. But I would recommend using MAcromedia Dreamweaver, although you have to have patience studying it. Read the held Guide and Tutorials included in the software, do not buy those books for the beginners because it would definetely be the same with that in the Help Guide. After learning the one in the program, you can then buy a book with more advanced tutorials.

Coming from a person that has used both Frontpage and Dreamweaver, I tend to be learning towards Dreamweaver. It's a bit more useful, doesnt add as much junk code as frontpage and does tend to be helpful towards the newbiesSo if you really need to use a WYSIWYG editor, I'd suggest to get Dreamweaver. It has 3 options, which you can go mostly WYSIWYG, split worktop option (WYSIWYG/Plain Code) and just Plain Code. From my experience when I use Dreamweaver, I tend to code a bit in the split (WYSIWYG/Plain Code) worktop interface. But if you really want to code a webpage (HTML code etc), Either go with the suggestions the past posters has provided, or alternatively use Notepad (hey at least notepad doesnt interfere with your work!)Good luck..

I recomend you to get Macromedia Dreamweaver.. Im using it now about 2 years and it have everything i need ;).. It's easy to use and it's very popular too. In dreamweaver you can easly see website html code and design at same time and you can even make there PHP codes at same time..