xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Uni.cc & Nameserver Settings Hosted Members - READ THIS (Important)

Shoutbox conversation:lib2day -- admin, what r the settings for UNI.CC again (nameserver 1 & 2)?admin -- ns1.trap17.com & ns2.trap17.comadmin -- tell everyone about this. Pointing to nameservers is more reliable, fast, safe and secure! but it always takes more time for propagationlib2day -- thanks admin B)

NAMESERVERs and IP addresses are way too complicatd things.. but are good if you configure them properly...I initially used to Tell members to provide me with their uni.cc domain and told them to delte it from their account. So I used to manage all the users uni.cc But, someone started questioning about security, privacy and BULL**** and so I decided that from them I will let the members themselves configure the domains..as for your question, Just remember that namerserver is the HOSTNAME/IPADDRESS of a computer which maintains a list of IP address which using only ip address is nothin but directly pointing to an ipaddress.. (kinda doing it blindly) so when you point to nameservers, even though it takes time, you are assured that your domain would point proplerly and everything would work fine eventhough Xisto.com 's IP address changes.. since you are linking to records of IP address..(nameservers) your website wil automatically point to the new changed ip.gonna point automaticly to my site???Well, when you send a request off your browser, there are header codes which tell the server exactly what you want. so don't get into details and point your domain to our nameservers.

Well thats koool admin, but you know what i think i liked it better when you used to mangage the uni.cc accounts yourself. it made it so easy on us. look at me now i dont even remeber the password that i registered my uni.cc domain name let alone the email address lol.

NAMESERVERs and IP addresses are way too complicatd things.. but are good if you configure them properly...
I initially used to Tell members to provide me with their uni.cc domain and told them to delte it from their account. So I used to manage all the users uni.cc But, someone started questioning about security, privacy and BULL**** and so I decided that from them I will let the members themselves configure the domains..

as for your question, Just remember that namerserver is the HOSTNAME/IPADDRESS of a computer which maintains a list of IP address which using only ip address is nothin but directly pointing to an ipaddress.. (kinda doing it blindly) so when you point to nameservers, even though it takes time, you are assured that your domain would point proplerly and everything would work fine eventhough Xisto.com 's IP address changes.. since you are linking to records of IP address..(nameservers) your website wil automatically point to the new changed ip.

gonna point automaticly to my site???
Well, when you send a request off your browser, there are header codes which tell the server exactly what you want. so don't get into details and point your domain to our nameservers.

I don't really understand the whole chunk fully...

Which do you recommend and what are the pros and cons?

Probably you should try to keep it short and written in simple English, because for those who can't comprehend computer jargon can't understand it fully....