xisto Community
Chameleon

Depressing Songs good depressing music

I have quite a few depressing songs and here are some of them:1. The Reason by Hoobastank2. Don't want you back by Eamon (Don't ask me why it is depressing)3. We Belong Together by Mariah Carey4. Shape of My Heart by Backstreet Boys5. Incomplete by Backstreet BoysThose are a few of the songs that are depressing to me. I listed them because I couldn't think of any others at the time.

4) Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want

That was the first song I ever actually liked on the radio. I still like it :P

Hmm.. lets see. In no particular order:

-Betrayal Is A Symptom, Thrice
-Dizzy, Tabitha's Secret
-Bright Lights, Matchbox Twenty
-It's Been Awhile, Staind
-Needles, System Of A Down
-Something Vague, Bright Eyes
-Hopeless, Train

Really, almost all my songs are "depressing". I guess its something about the genre I like, its always about war or hate or death. There aren't many happy songs.. But ahh well. I like it more for the music than the lyrics :\

I prefer not to listen to depressing music (read as: Whiny music). It's not that it depresses me, but that I can't stand hearing people whine about how their lives are horrible. Get over it...

hm i dont really know any songs at the moment but most songs from dashboard confessional are pretty sag to me. and also quite a few from Something Corporate. and heres some of the songs i do remember by name and artist.:-Gloria/Us by Acceptance. and uhm thats it actualy. but there are many sad songs. i remember in the oc once there was a time when this girl listen to boys2men and they were saying like "Oh thats the saddest song ever" and what not.

all songs that i listen are usualy depressing...nightiwsh - Dead Gardens and other NW songs are usualy depresivusaly all gotich metal bands play depressiv songs.System of a down - Aerials hmmm.. maybe Cradle of Filth - nymphetamine

helena- my chemical romanceit's a song about someone who died. can't tell it from the song, you gotta watch the video really XD but it's still a good song. Really nice melody to listen to. I love the music video for it.

As much as I despise silly bands like My Chemical Romance, I do think that Helena is a decent song. Though, it still has little musicianship to it. It's a catchy song, nonetheless.

ou ou ... can i add another one that i just herd and i cant get it out of my head ... grrnew System of a Down album Hypnotize and the song is Soilder Side... ou... my god, you should just listen to words in song and the melody is... it makes me wonna cry :)

It is not more beautiful to listen songs antidepresion that depressive songs, if these in depression the best thing that can make it is to listen something of rock, something moved that lifts you of the seat and it puts you to dance.

Oh My.. That is all I listen too it seems lately.... here are mine...

1: Waiting For That Day - George Michael

2: Superstar - The Carpenters

3: The Way We Were - Barbra Streisand

4: Say Goodnight - Beth Nielson Chapman

5: The Flame - Cheap Trick

6: I Can't Make You Love Me - Bonnie Raitt

7: Foolish Games - Jewel

8: Seeing You Again - Dan Fogelberg

9: Sail On - Lionel Ritchie

10: Don't Wanna Lose You Now - Gloria Estefan

Posted Image

Well these songs may not be considered depressing for other people but the lyrics of these songs really affect me.They are in no particular order1)Blurry - Puddle of Mudd2)Beyond the Sun - Shinedown3)Starless - Crossfade4)Bleed for Me - Saliva5)Somewhere Out There - Our Lady Peace6)23- Jimmy Eat World7)By Myself - Linkin Park8)Outside - Staind9)Best I Ever Had - Vertical Horizon10) Hello Lonely - Theory of a Deadman

I wonder why you didnt include the song "Gloomy Sunday" .this is very very old song , may be half century old..many singers have sing it, this song is called suicide song or death song because many many people have suicide after this song...wait iwill try to find some link from google
I just saw a page where was written something like
"Claim: The song "Gloomy Sunday" was once banned because of its connection with many suicides. "
http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/gloomy.asp
check this also
http://www.phespirit.info/gloomysunday/article_01.htm

The lyrics of song are
Sunday is gloomy, my hours are slumberless.
Dearest, the shadows I live with are numberless.
Little white flowers will never awaken you,
Not where the black coach of sorrow has taken you.
Angels have no thought of ever returning you.
Would they be angry if I thought of joining you?
Gloomy Sunday.

Gloomy is Sunday; with shadows I spend it all.
My heart and I have decided to end it all.
Soon there'll be candles and prayers that are sad, I know.
Death is no dream, for in death I'm caressing you.
With the last breath of my soul I'll be blessing you.
Gloomy Sunday.

It is not more beautiful to listen songs antidepresion that depressive songs, if these in depression the best thing that can make it is to listen something of rock, something moved that lifts you of the seat and it puts you to dance.

Intertistin thread lol. . .Anyways. . . At the MOment. . . mine r 1) Queen Adreena - My Silent undoing2) The Used - Hard to say3) Queen Adreena - Razorblade Sky4) Pixies - Where is my mind5) Snow Patrol - Run

If you want to go for something really depressing and sad: go for doom metal, for example bands like: Katatonia, Anathema, My Dying Bridge, Paradise Lost or Winter. And it's no use to list depressing doom metal songs, because all of them are depressing. :angry:For those who like the most extreme, slow, depressing there's even a smaller music genre called Funeral Doom with BPM rating 60 or even lower. Really depressing. :angry: