xisto Community
Compute

Problems After Restoring Cant Connect Wireless

I have 2 computers, 1 PC and one Laptop. Before I had the laptop I got SBC yahoo DSL for my PC and it worked fine. Then when I got my laptop I bought a router so that I can use my sbc yahoo dsl on both computers. And it was pretty easy to connect. You would click on this thing called Local Area connection I think and you find your router and connect to it. Recently I got lots of spyware on my laptop so I restore my laptop using the restore CD that came with my laptop. Once it was restored the local area connection (if that?s what its called) was gone and I could no longer connect to my router any more! I want to know how could I get that thing back where I choose the nearest router and connect to it.By local area connection I mean that things on the right side of the start menu. The icon that looks like 1 computer.Please help cause I called Gateway and does people don't know anything. I tell them exacly what i told you guys and they keep telling me to restore again and again then they hand up, So i'm tired of calling does people, they just make things worse.Thanks for all the help.

What operating system are you using? I'm goign to take a guess at XP Home Edition..What you're going to need to do is:1. Go to "My Computer."2. On the side panel, there will be a column named "Other Places," under there will be a link to "My Network Places," click that.3. At the top of the side panel, there's a column that says "Network Tasks." Click "View Network Connections," and you're there.Now, it will probably be disabled, so enable it and you're there :)

Make sure you have drivers for you network card. To check, right-click My Computer, left-click Properties, left-click Hardware, left-click Device Manager. If there are any devices with a yellow exclamation or yellow question mark then there is a problem and reinstalling the drivers would probably fix it. If you got a driver cd with your laptop you could use that to restore the drivers or you could always go online and download the drivers.

Are you using a BT Router?

and router address is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/?

If yes you may need to configure the router setting and firewall B)

As i have 134 Computers and 15 laptops where i work and i had to congifure then all to be allowed to view other files and the "Local Network" this is a simle problem i had to deal with it wight work with you,,,

Try also configuring you Laptop/Computer,

Check the Network card drivers are installed,
Try searching for your router,

If none of these work I HAVE NOT A CLUE B):);):P:oB)B):P:P

looks as though your recovery disc didnt find your network card.do you know what wireless network card you have installed.do you have a driver disc that came with your laptop that might have the network drivers on.if not then google the make of your laptop to see if you can find out the network card that is likely to be in it.now google the network card for the drivers for your operating system.