xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xJedix

Java/cgi Chat Room

Does the Java or the CGI chat room already installed on the server in cpanel work? Because they are not working for me. I've tried both and they both fail to work.

In cpanel, its under "preinstalled Scripts" then "Java/CGI Chat Room"

When I try the java chat room, I get this error:

Posted Image

When I try the normal cgi chat, I get a page cannot be displayed error.

Posted Image

Do the chat rooms just don't work? or is there something to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated....

P.S. I did search for this topic and found one topic pertaining to this topic, but I still would like to know why it doesn't work.

The topic can be found Here

Thanks, xJedix

Edited by xJedix (see edit history)

xJedix,

If you look here, the IP number differs fromwhat you got on your error message.I don't know if that might be the source of the problem you are having or not, but it might be that you will need to empty the cache or delete the Xisto cookies and try again?

Just something that I noticed.

If the ip is the problem.... how do I fix it? I tried what you said, clearing my cache and cookies but it still doesn't work. I tried both on mozilla and ie and it doesn't work on either.

Here, could you see if either of these work for you?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
or http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and type in a username and press enter.

Could someone please check and see if these work for them, then maybe we can determine if its on my end or not?

thanks, xJedix

Hehe, that's an old topic. What I found out on my own is that if you give it a week brake or so, it will start working again.. but after overusage it will go down again. I'd suggest finding a new or different chat.

xJedix,The first link resolves to the same IP addy and fails with a message like you got.the second link fails to connect at all.I'd take rejected's advise up there. I will PM you a link for a chat service.

Hehe, that's an old topic. What I found out on my own is that if you give it a week brake or so, it will start working again.. but after overusage it will go down again. I'd suggest finding a new or different chat.

208612[/snapback]

lol, it never worked :) It has given me that error since I first tried it. But thanks anyways, I'll have to live with the php chat or try the one jlhaslip pmed me.

Thanks for the help, it's kind of wierd that they don't work though.... maybe something wrong with the setup on the server for them.

xJedix