xisto Community
joeymuch

Beware Of Fake Fbi Email

i was just on shoutbox and saint michael said someone sent him an email with virus and fbi in it so im just letting yall kno beware of it

but here is the email that is being sent

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/87706-i-just-got-a-email-from-fbi/
the email address is Admin@fbi.gov (phoney)
Dear Sir/Madam,

we have logged your IP-address on more than 30 illegal Websites.

Important:
Please answer our questions!
The list of questions are attached.

Yours faithfully,
Steven Allison

*** Federal Bureau of Investigation -FBI-
*** 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Room 3220
*** Washington, DC 20535
*** phone: (202) 324-3000

Notice from saint-michael:
that is the thread from Xisto.com, so take a look at it when you get the chance.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

That's just sad. People have to pretend to be the FBI to put viruses in people's computers. I don't see what they get out of it anyway unless it is a keylogger. Do they see joy in ruinning people's computers and getting on the news. I think it is pretty stupid if you ask me. I guess people have nothing else to do in their lives because they are a bunch of lowlifes. Who knows.

Viruses are made by people who's prime intent is to destroy other people's work or use it for their own personal gain. These people don't have a care in the world - even if they DO get on the news or attract major police attention - and as we've seen here, they will do anything to satisfy their greed.

But it is astonishing to see the level of extremes that have been reached! I mean, faking to be an FBI agent and sending a virus... that is a whole new extreme and a whole new low! Whoever you are, I hope you get caught and sentenced to death!

(you may delete the underlined bit if necessary, I'm not asking for trouble)

I hate those people that only want to disturb other people. But I?m afraid viruses, stupid chains, phising... is something with wich we have to live, the cancers of Internet, I suppose. Anyway we have to be more clever than them... are the FBI supposed to send us an e-mail? Sounds really stupid, if you are doing something delictive and they catch you they?re not going to send you an email or an SMS. :) For those fakers, go get a job. :P

and what i hate about this as well is that i don't get the email i got the other junk mail, what my computer not worth a virus something? well no actually.

WHat mind boggles me about people like this is that there name isnt on it, if they get on the news there announamous any way so they will get no credit for what they did so whats even teh point? not to mention the fact that your spamming all this email crap out there and you dont even know if one even one person got the virus or not i mean you get NOTHING out of it what so ever. All i can say is wow people have to much time on ther ehands and way too sick a minds for me.

Well I agree with you all, thats just crap. But anyway I have never got any emails that are trying scre, joke or anything else. Beacuse Im careful with who I give my e-mail to. Anyway I hope that I dont recive that kind of mails. Hehehe, Im safe right now from these jokers... :)

I can't stand it that people would go to such extreme lows to try to get your credit card, money, or even identity.. It's sad. My mother almost got scammed out of her paypal account once, she got a fraudulent email that she thought was from paypal that asked for her password.. luckily she went to me before sending in the information -.-

I can't stand it that people would go to such extreme lows to try to get your credit card, money, or even identity.. It's sad. My mother almost got scammed out of her paypal account once, she got a fraudulent email that she thought was from paypal that asked for her password.. luckily she went to me before sending in the information -.-

208607[/snapback]

Well, thats the problem with people these days.... (no offense or anything) Some people arn't to bright with computer things and will give out very important information that others can use to their benefit. It is quite sad that people do this but they are out there and I think there will always be those type of people.

xJedix

yeah thats true my parents are struggling with the internet somewhat they got the hang of it but most of the time they ask me a question to make sure what they are doing won't get them screwed over by someone.

That's really depressing using the FBI as a scam. I mean I've seen pretty good paypal ones that try to mask your address bar, but they don't know that I don't have paypal... lol!